Three NSVs: "You look so skinny!"

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
I went out last night and saw someone whom I haven't seen in months. When she saw me, she freaked and went: "Oh my god! You look so skinny!" The look of shock on her face when I said I was down 20lbs made me feel awesome.

A second girl commented that I looked great with all my weight loss, and looked great "thicker" as well. But either way, I looked awesome.

After I woke up today from all the ego boosting from the previous evening, I noticed in the mirror that I'm started to get a visible "V" in my lower stomach, and all of the fat I've lost in my stomach is starting to show off the underlying muscle.

So yeah. It's been a really great confidence boosting weekend, and a reminder that my hard work is paying off. :)

Replies

• AmandaLeighisme
    AmandaLeighisme Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That's great!
    I'm nowhere near v-stomach and yesterday I got three "you're so skinny" comments.
    Feels amazing when people comment on your hard work, huh?
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    That's great!
    I'm nowhere near v-stomach and yesterday I got three "you're so skinny" comments.
    Feels amazing when people comment on your hard work, huh?

Absolutely! Especially when we're looking at ourselves so often during the process, it's really hard for us to notice the changes like other people do sometimes. :) This was an awesome reminder.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Excellent progress and more than half way there. It only gets better. Congrats!
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I would like to know when I should be expecting the stomach-V.... :)
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    ukaryote wrote: »
    Wonderful! Excellent progress and more than half way there. It only gets better. Congrats!

Thank you!

• missiontofitness
    Options
    Just curious, how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I would like to know when I should be expecting the stomach-V.... :)

Right now I'm around 126 and 5'4. I noticed mine around the 20+lb lost mark, and when I finally dropped the weight that was around my lower stomach/hip area!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!