Worried Father

Options

Replies

• SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Odds are SO in her favor. When they find it is benign, that can be good for opening up talk of options and tests to help prevent it from ever being cancer. Easy for me to say, but much too early to get scared.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Odds are SO in her favor. When they find it is benign, that can be good for opening up talk of options and tests to help prevent it from ever being cancer. Easy for me to say, but much too early to get scared.

She is still young so that's the biggest thing that helps. I hope it's all going to be needless worry.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It is good she found it and is getting it checked - hopefully it will just be a cyst and if that is the case then she won't need to have anything done - I have MANY cysts and while I have been told they can get bigger and hurt a bit as I get older (I am 42) they aren't actually harmful. I have a family history of breast cancer (my mom passed away from it 20 years ago) and when I find something I know it is scary, but they can usually let you know what is going on fairly quickly, so she won't have to do the waiting game for too long. And hopefully the news will be good - and if it isn't great the good news is she is young and medical science has come so far that her outlook is hopefully very good either way. I wish her good luck and hope for a good result for her test. It is good she has her boyfriend there and has you to lean on too - that will help a lot.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It is good she found it and is getting it checked - hopefully it will just be a cyst and if that is the case then she won't need to have anything done - I have MANY cysts and while I have been told they can get bigger and hurt a bit as I get older (I am 42) they aren't actually harmful. I have a family history of breast cancer (my mom passed away from it 20 years ago) and when I find something I know it is scary, but they can usually let you know what is going on fairly quickly, so she won't have to do the waiting game for too long. And hopefully the news will be good - and if it isn't great the good news is she is young and medical science has come so far that her outlook is hopefully very good either way. I wish her good luck and hope for a good result for her test. It is good she has her boyfriend there and has you to lean on too - that will help a lot.

Thanks for your well wishes. I am going to propose to her that we plan on entering a Run for the Cure next year no matter the outcome. Perhaps one day we can all look back on cancer as a historical footnote -- we can always hope!
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The doc thought I had breast cancer.....turned out it was benign. But it was a month's of hell. Let's hope it is nothing.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    The doc thought I had breast cancer.....turned out it was benign. But it was a month's of hell. Let's hope it is nothing.

I am sorry that you had to endure that but I'm glad that it turned out to be nothing in the end.
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Please give us an update! (previously. MooninCancer)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Tomorrow will be the day we find out and I will definitely post the news. Fingers crossed and waiting!
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. <3
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Well, looks like it was just a cyst! My daughter is now resting comfortably and waiting to be released tomorrow after her recovery.

Thanks all for you concern and prays it has meant a lot ot me!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Well, looks like it was just a cyst! My daughter is now resting comfortably and waiting to be released tomorrow after her recovery.

Thanks all for you concern and prays it has meant a lot ot me!

Yay! I'm so happy for your good news!! I know that's a HUGE load off your mind! :D
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Very much so! Now we can relax and she can start her recovery without the stress.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm glad to hear it was just a cyst. I'm a 3 1/2 year breast cancer survivor....I was scheduled for another surgery last week but it was cancelled because I am ill. It was rescheduled for December 3. I'm glad to hear that she is fine. The power of prayer works :)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Momf3boys wrote: »
    I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm glad to hear it was just a cyst. I'm a 3 1/2 year breast cancer survivor....I was scheduled for another surgery last week but it was cancelled because I am ill. It was rescheduled for December 3. I'm glad to hear that she is fine. The power of prayer works :)

I hope all goes well for you as well. I will say a prayer for you and your continued healing.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    glad to hear. I had bookmarked this thread and was waiting for an update since yesterday.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    It was a tough night sleeping so this was welcome news!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Momf3boys wrote: »

I hope all goes well for you as well. I will say a prayer for you and your continued healing.

Thank you
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Just be there for her.

That is all you can do. And if you'll take it I will throw up a few prayers for strength and wisdom for your daughter and you.

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear she's doing well and it wasn't something more serious.