I really need to do this

Hi everyone, my name is Jane and i really need to do this, after recovering from a major illness a few years ago and being told i must eat well, i have now gained a couple of stone. until recently i have felt well,but just lately i have had no energy and feel tired most of the time, i know as we get older we slow down. but i am sure i will feel better if i lose weight. I am not a person who eats takeaways,crisps,cake or biscuits all the time,but i do love home cooked meals :) . But i do need to do this. i do need to do this, with help i may just do it this time please, :D

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    You got this! Welcome!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Hi Jane, we're of a similar age, I'll be 65 in April. I also had a very serious illness a little over 2 years ago and started this weight loss and health journey about 13 months ago. To date I have lost 53 of the 70 lbs I want to lose and have never felt better.

Use this site and all it's information wisely and dedicate yourself to your health and you'll be successful.

Send me a friend request if you like and I'll share with you what I'm doing (nothing special really) and we can follow each others' progress.

Good luck!
  • hrtunstall
    hrtunstall Posts: 49 Member
    MFP is the right place for you. This site will help you work the foods you love into your weight loss plan. I can attest to the fact once you starting eating properly & the weight begins to come off you will remember what it feels like to be energetic. I didn't realize how lethargic I had become. I feel like my old self. Welcome. You can add me if you like, everyone here is very encouraging & we are all working toward the same goal.
  • janepatricia2
    janepatricia2 Posts: 40 Member
    thank you ,i will add all as friends if thats ok, :)
  • JewelsHiker
    JewelsHiker Posts: 5 Member
    Jane, I'm going to be 60 next year and my goal is to get in shape and lose the excess pounds by my birthday in April! Let's support and encourage one another! I have just started this week but my history is losing, gaining, losing, etc. I want a healthy lifestyle where I lose my excess 22 pounds slowly and KEEP IT OFF THIS TIME! I walked on the treadmill 2 miles this morning.
  • janepatricia2
    HI JeweisHiker, Yes i need to lose some weight up to April,as we have a daughter getting married in May 2015.I also since my illness have lost & gained again.so fingers crossed i can lose about a stone by then,:-)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Hi Jane. Add me if you like. Have had health issues too. You can do this! Log your food everyday. It really wakes you up as to how many calories we actually do consume and makes us accountable. Calorie deficit is working for me. Have a great day. :D
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!! GIDDY Up!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Hi! I also had a major illness that gave me a wake up call! Send me a friend request if you want for mutual support!
  • janepatricia2
    Hi all and thank you,i have sent friend requests to each of you, with your help i can and will do this,thank you, :)