Holiday plan

Options
What is your plan to stay on track and not over indulge this holiday season:)

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Workout, stick to my calorie deficit and eat all the foods on Thanksgiving day!
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I will eat like a pig on Thanksgiving Day...and Christmas Day....and I'll live it up on New Years eve. All other days, I will follow the same plan I've been following. A few really bad days won't hurt the long haul.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is one day...Christmas is 1 day...combined, they are 2 of 365 days. I tend to just enjoy myself on these occasions...they are occasions...they aren't every day. Nobody got fat because of an occasion.

I also don't treat the entire 2 months as some reasons to just binge eat all the foods. The holiday season is about more than just food. My family has also started fitness traditions that are just as much a part of the holiday season as anything else. We to a Turkey Day 5 K on Thanksgiving and we do a Jingle Bell run in mid December as part of our annual traditions.

Beyond that, and beyond the two actual holidays, it's business as usual.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I will eat what I want when I want and as much as I want, but I will not miss a single lifting session. and I will come thru just fine:)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Thanksgiving is one day...Christmas is 1 day...combined, they are 2 of 365 days. I tend to just enjoy myself on these occasions...they are occasions...they aren't every day. Nobody got fat because of an occasion.

I also don't treat the entire 2 months as some reasons to just binge eat all the foods. The holiday season is about more than just food. My family has also started fitness traditions that are just as much a part of the holiday season as anything else. We to a Turkey Day 5 K on Thanksgiving and we do a Jingle Bell run in mid December as part of our annual traditions.

Basically this. I'm predicting I'll consume 4000-5000 calories on Thanksgiving.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Regular workout schedule and calorie plan for the most part, but I'm having "diet breaks" where I won't log on Nov. 27, 28 & 29 for Thanksgiving and my birthday weekend and Dec. 24 thru Jan 1 for Christmas and New Year, as well as a two week break from lifting from Dec. 21 thru Jan 3. It's all right there on my calendar! :p I will be working hard toward my goal through most of the season, but I definitely plan to indulge myself too!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Holiday 5k's! What a great idea!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    On special occasions, I do a big cardio workout to earn more calories and just eat at maintenance for the day. Not just holidays, but dinner parties and trips to fancy restaurants. An hour of vigorous cardio earns me around 500 which is enough to eat pretty much whatever I like (within reason) if I am aiming for net maintenance calories.
  • Ash_danielle
    Ash_danielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the gym and I will practice portion control. I hate the feeling of being stuffed...the glutinous feeling is awful physically and mentality. Sooo I'll have a little of whatever I wish enjoy the moment and move on.
  • ShayeDei
    Options
    I am glad to see everyone be enjoying themselves this season:) I think the most successful way to get where you want to be on your health journey is by not depriving yourself. Best of luck to everyone.
  • ShayeDei
    Options

ShayeDei wrote: »
    I am glad to see everyone be enjoying themselves this season:) I think the most successful way to get where you want to be on your health journey is by not depriving yourself. Best of luck to everyone.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Not sure I get it, surely it's just like any other occasion...going out ...meals at friends ...in fact easier because after all they're both roast dinners

Although we don't do thanksgiving but my plan is to pick the best options of the food I like, portion control of the densest calories, allow some treats ...use some calories saved from the week, get out walking in the snow and focus on the celebration which isn't just the food...it's the presents dagnammit :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Will try to keep a deficit the rest of the week to make up for it. But even if I gain a pound, I'll just try to lose it the next month...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Two words: Paleo Thanksgiving
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I will eat what I want in moderation and do my work-outs as I always do. Can't stress over it - would rather have a 'plan' in place and enjoy myself.
  • ShayeDei
    Options

I love those traditions:)
  • ShayeDei
    Options
    Two words: Paleo Thanksgiving

I have heard of the paleo diet? How do you like it?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go paleo for Thanksgiving and Christmas too.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    On the actual holiday (Thanksgiving), I plan to exercise a little harder, eat plenty of veggies, drink plenty of water, and eat everything I want until I'm satisfied (not stuffed). The main thing I plan to do is enjoy the company of my family.

As already mentioned, these holidays don't justify an entire season of endless eating. I've been there done that, and I'm not that person anymore. Being that person caused me to join MFP in the first place.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I am going to do what I do every day. Eat whatever I want and try to stay within my allotment. If I happen to go over, I'll log it and move on.