Gastric Sleeve Patients?????

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• SandmanSimon
    Options
    I'm new to this site. But I am getting my sleeve on July 9 which is two days away and I'm excited.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery 9/18. I did really well post op. Had my first f/u on 10/1 and was down 24lbs. I'm now doing soft foods and I'm nervous that I'm not eating correctly. It's a challenge because I'm vegetarian and I *really* dislike all the protein powders & drinks I've tried.
  • MphsThomas
    Options
    I had my sleeve done 15 days ago and find myself hungry a lot of the times plus stomach acid issues. I am just doubting how well this is going to work for me.
  • milaxx
    Options
    I'm new to this whole thing I'm searching for a group that I can ask question or maybe give answers. I don't know how to enter into this group would someone add me?

Facebook has a Gastric Sleeve group. www.facebook.com/GastricSleeveSupportGroup
  • milaxx
    Options
    MphsThomas wrote: »
    I had my sleeve done 15 days ago and find myself hungry a lot of the times plus stomach acid issues. I am just doubting how well this is going to work for me.
    Sip water and make sure you are getting your protein in. My doctor prescribed generic prilosec for stomach acid. I haven't had any issues but they said they prefer patients take it at least the 6mths post op.
  • mrseveland
    mrseveland Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! My sleeve was on 2/4/14, and I looooooove my sleeve!!! I'm lucky I still like protein shakes - so many people in my support group say they can't stand them after surgery.
  • ladesco
    Options
    hey all. had my sleeve 9-12; 40 pound loss at two months. I'm so happy about not being able to eat much! when you're full, YOU ARE FULL. I have another 100 pounds to lose, so I'm taking advantage of the success I had on ATKINS years ago; but, this time, eating much less. if you are going to have the surgery, I suggest committing yourself to cutting out the sugar and processed foods IMMEDIATELY, or at least be prepared for it afterward, if you want to be successful! I don't miss sweets, I don't want diabetes. since you get to have "real cream"... whip up your own, add a little sweetener, and it's a great topping to mix into sugar-free jello for a satisfying dessert mousse. you can still order a bacon cheeseburger at a drive thru... just ask them to wrap it in lettuce, no bun. when it comes to ATKINS - eggs, meat, cheese. then include your low carb veggies/berries. I'm making in a crock pot tomorrow, roast + cabbage + onion + carrot + celery + herbs... no carbs in the roast, a few in the cabbage/onion/celery... and not too many from the carrots! hearty, and delicious. sometimes "feeling hungry" is actually gas or acid... Prilosec is recommended. good luck!
  • ladesco
    Options
    milaxx wrote: »
    I had my surgery 9/18. I did really well post op. Had my first f/u on 10/1 and was down 24lbs. I'm now doing soft foods and I'm nervous that I'm not eating correctly. It's a challenge because I'm vegetarian and I *really* dislike all the protein powders & drinks I've tried.

how did you get your protein before surgery? skip the protein powders & drinks (I hate them too)... can you do eggs and dairy?
  • ladesco
    Options
    hapicella wrote: »
    Hi my biggest problem is weakness. I haven't heard anyone else talk about.

after surgery, I wanted a double bacon cheese burger and beer so bad!!! I found I could only take a sip of beer, and out the window went any craving because I could barely "stomach" a sip of beer! weakness? your new baby belly will teach you a new rule about that! your weakness will wean itself away... and if you let it, concentrate on your weight loss and progress. it's very easy to go back to the way you were... we're only human! so you have to let your super power kick in to ride the wave of "wanting" something (especially when you knew how good it tastes!) to wanting something new/different/in accordance to your new rules... high protein, low carb (no to low sugar/process food).

I hate it. but, I love a 40 pound weight loss MORE, and know I have this chance to stay the course of losing more so I can do so much more, like fit comfortably in an airplane seat to travel.

good luck! hang in there! and reach out for support!
  • denisejohnson754365
    Options
    Hi, I had the sleeve on October 14th and very happy with it. I do have food cravings but I tell myself that I can try things out after I lose the weight and that seems to help. I also try to keep busy and distracted. I am down 15 pounds, total of 27. Would love some new friends to support and cheer each other on....
  • railerfan
    Options
    Good job Denise. I had my sleeve on 8/4 so I am a couple months ahead of you. feel free to ask any questions about the coming weeks and months.
  • princessarah81
    Options
    i had Vsg on 9/29/14 and am down 72lbs. It is a difficult transition but gets easier after the first month or two. I can say this is the best choice I've made and Id do it again in a heartbeat.
  • Pursuingmylife
    Pursuingmylife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow Sleevers!! I had my surgery on December 14, 2015 and I've lost 21 lbs so far. I am very happy with it and love how I feel!! I wanted to ask - what are the guidelines you put on your Myfitnesspal for fat and carbs and sugar counts? I keep my sugar count low, and fat at 35 grams and carbs a little over 100, but I'm not sure if that is what I should be doing.

I'd love to be friends with whoever wants to be friends. I know we can all use the support of fellow Sleevers.

Thanks,
    Stephanie