Stair Climbing!

Options
Hi everyone,

So I am a college student full time and I also work a full time job and 2 part-time internships, so needless to say, i have very little time. I leave by 7am to get to work and I get back from class at 11-12 most nights, so I can't find anytime to work out. The only gym near me opens at 6:30am, but since I have to leave by 7, its not worth it.

Do you think that stair climbing would help me get my exercise in? i live in NYC so i walk a lot, and I work on the 12 floor of a building and live on the 9th floor of a building. Would taking the stairs instead of the elevator everywhere help me to lose a little weight? I'm not trying to lose a crazy amount, I just don't want to put on anymore before the holiday season.

Thanks guys! And if anyone else has suggestions as to things that I could do other than stair climbing, please let me know!

Replies

• alecno
    alecno Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I mean in the long-run, sure - every little bit helps. But if you can not really get good workouts in, results will mainly have to come from a well-controlled diet. Have you considered a quick home-cardio video in the mornings?
  • crfeen
    crfeen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    alecno wrote: »
    I mean in the long-run, sure - every little bit helps. But if you can not really get good workouts in, results will mainly have to come from a well-controlled diet. Have you considered a quick home-cardio video in the mornings?

Thanks for the suggestion! The problem is a live with a roommate who wakes up several hours after me. Might be too disturbing.