I lose interest!Help me keep it!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new at this and my problem is that if I don't immediately see results I lose interest and then quit. But of course this is the type of thing that takes time so I need people to tell me that it is worth it!That the results will come!In return I will motivate you because that I am really good at :wink:

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It takes time and it's worth it. Thanks for the motivation offer, but you will find the only person that can and will motivate you is yourself. Figure that out and you are unstoppable.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I log every single day and comment on my friends statuses, occasionally I post as well. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    sophia_del wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm new at this and my problem is that if I don't immediately see results I lose interest and then quit. But of course this is the type of thing that takes time so I need people to tell me that it is worth it!That the results will come!In return I will motivate you because that I am really good at :wink:
    It took me 2 years to go from fat to fit, and YES...it is worth it!
    lj2q1oco10gr.jpg

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    : [/quote]It took me 2 years to go from fat to fit, and YES...it is worth it!
    lj2q1oco10gr.jpg

[/quote]

You look GREAT! Congratulations
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You know what, this is the problem I used to always have. I'd have motivation, and then it would wane and I'd quit. This year I decided to do something crazy different. Instead of trying to muster up motivation, I'd just act. This means, I'd workout, eat a deficit whether or not I felt motivated.

After a few months, the REAL motivation kicked in... because I was slimmer, fitter, and happier than I'd ever been. Too often we wait around until we feel something to act. Work with the end in mind -focus on making small, healthier decisions that you can sustain for the long haul without feeling like you're totally depriving yourself. I hope this helps... it's really the mindset shift I've had this year that has helped me be hugely successful. (I've been at this for 6 months now.)
  • Tourn85
    Tourn85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i have that same problem but im really trying this time i just keep telling myself i can do this and i will do this
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Maybe join challenges? Keeps me motivated and interested.
  • JewelsHiker
    JewelsHiker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love your feedback arussell134. I would love to get there - "Slimmer, fitter, and happier." Good for you! I want 2015 to the best year EVER by reaching my weight loss goal by my 60th birthday in April.

• Isagirl72
    Isagirl72 Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Motivations comes from within - as craptacular as that may sound - what we see with our eyes is temporary what I mean is we can see someone else's results or a magazine cover - or whatever and aspire to want that... but what it comes down to is it's mind over matter, how bad is bad, and how much is your why worth for you, define who you are and why you want what you want and go after it like nothing else matters, embrace that victory as if you already achieved it. I am on a 250 lb PLUS loss journey and nothing has ever felt this exhilarating as having control over my own body what I put into it, and every milestone is my reward ... is it hard some days... do i stumble of course... do I give up - no I already know what giving up holds for me... I know what being fat and unhealthy feels like - I don't want to go there again - You can do this - believe it - achieve it <3

7x8846i1b3sv.jpg

szahtk9gth2t.jpg

• estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My advice is to look for small changes - more energy, healthier skin etc. Those things are usually the first to show :)
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    oh trust me it is worth it. you need to have faith in the process and remember that EVERY LITTLE THING adds up to increase your progress. i've had so many days where i was afraid of silly ridiculous things like thinking my weight would go down but i'd look the same. or i'd do everything right but my body would just be an anomaly and decide it didn't want to lose any more weight, because the changes don't come right away.

but by taking it day-by-day, focusing as hard as i can on the NOW (which believe me is hard to do especially when you're impatient!), has helped me get through it for over a year now and i'm 47 lbs down, at the lowest weight i've ever been in my adult life. i still can't believe it sometimes!

just know it will work! it comes in incremental shifts that definitely add up. wait at least a few weeks in between weighing or taking pictures or measuring and that's when you will notice the changes happening.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Set goals beyond losing weight. Let the weight loss be a byproduct of the changes you make. My goals were to be more active, eat more fruits/veggies and get enough protein. And to make food/eating a conscious thing. Not mindless, grabbing whatever is random. I've lost the weight and I AM more active. I still need goals. So on Feb 8th: my first 1/2 marathon. I'm training 5 days a week for it.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You know what, this is the problem I used to always have. I'd have motivation, and then it would wane and I'd quit. This year I decided to do something crazy different. Instead of trying to muster up motivation, I'd just act. This means, I'd workout, eat a deficit whether or not I felt motivated.

After a few months, the REAL motivation kicked in... because I was slimmer, fitter, and happier than I'd ever been. Too often we wait around until we feel something to act. Work with the end in mind -focus on making small, healthier decisions that you can sustain for the long haul without feeling like you're totally depriving yourself. I hope this helps... it's really the mindset shift I've had this year that has helped me be hugely successful. (I've been at this for 6 months now.)

This^ I hate to sound like a commercial, but it REALLY comes down to just doing it. When I wake up in the morning and I feel like crap I get up on that treadmill, anyway. Because I know that if I don't I will STILL feel rotten and also will have accomplished NOTHING towards feeling better. This sounds trite but you will never know unless you try. When I started I weighed 206. Now I weigh 147. I had the exact same attitude you do but I also had extra incentive because my doc told me if I didn't lose weight I'd be dead in 5 years. Please. Don't wait for that kind of incentive. Just do it!

• lellenhi
    lellenhi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting on a scale too often was my issue. I now pull out the scale every 10-14 days and will reset my weight on here. Sometimes it is only 1-2 pounds down, but it is down. When I was checking the scale more often I would get frustrated and then realize I had quit trying.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Weight, if you're not in the obese category, will come off slowly, and that's the way you want it to come off. Typically weight lost fast comes back twice as fast as you lost it.
  • Lorri229
    Lorri229 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time with not getting bored with something or with giving up. I think it is because I am usually trying to do a "diet" that is too strict. this does not seem strict at all, so I am hoping I can follow it. Is 8 pounds by Thanksgiving unrealistic?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Lorri229 wrote: »
    I also have a hard time with not getting bored with something or with giving up. I think it is because I am usually trying to do a "diet" that is too strict. this does not seem strict at all, so I am hoping I can follow it. Is 8 pounds by Thanksgiving unrealistic?

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

So yopu have about 3 weeks to go an want to lose 2 2/3 pounds a week.

Uoi may be able to do it but it would exceed the guidleines above. Also no idea of your deficit or how much exercise.
  • mhealy815
    mhealy815 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started today too, and like you, I lose interest quickly. Maybe we can motivate each other? Mary
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Have you asked yourself why you lose interest? I know some of its dull, but is it so dull that you dont wnat to reach target enough and all the benefits that entails?
  • Lorri229
    Lorri229 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I truly think it is because of my mindset. I have always been one of those women who ate like a man and never gained a pound, and never exercised. Then I had a child and gained a few. Then a couple years ago I had heart surgery and was on 13 medications and gained 30 pounds. I really think it is because deep in my heart I don't want to exercise and I still want to be able to eat like I used to. But I know that is not realistic and I need to change, it is just hard to do it.