Calorie goal

Options
Hey everyone! I have a question. I have lost weight before but I was eating so little and over-exercised. Eventually I gained it all back plus some. Found out the hard way :P Now I have set my goal to 1400 calories. What do you think? Is it low/high? Thanks for responding! :)

Replies

• jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    As long as you have a deficit it doesn't matter. Just don't go so low as to make you feel really horrible and light headed. MFP suggests 1200 and I agree. You putting the weight back on will have nothing to do with eating too little and losing the weight too quickly. Think about your lifestyle as a whole and make the weight loss the start of a different way of eating. When you get to goal, keep using MFP to track how much you eat to maintain. This is where I went wrong before, I just saw it as a goal reached and went back to old habits.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    that's one of those how long is a piece of a string questions

depends on your age, gender, height, current weight, activity level and target weight
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight?
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Im 170 cm and 74 kgs
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    buket1819 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Im 170 cm and 74 kgs

Similar stats to me, based on my own body I'd say it's too low. what goals did you set, and what activity level? I'd guess if you let MFFP do it you chose sedentary?

I recommend using a website like exrx.net or health-calc.com (the latter does estimate high until you get to a lean/low body weight, I am currently going off of the first link) and estimate maintenance needs. Then deduct 20% for a ~1lb loss per week. If you include exercise in there though, remember a) to average it out (so 30 minutes 4x a week is now actually.. idk, 20 per day), b) the calories will be higher than MFp because MFP doesn't include exercise. So if you want to really compare the numbers then just run the estimations without including exercise.