Implant weight gain help!!!

Options
trudiecollins9
trudiecollins9 Posts: 2
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss

I have had the implant for 7 months.my weight has always been up and down but with MFP exercise ive controlled it.i was 138 pounds before now iam 160 pounds.i limit myself to 1000-1200 cals a day.i cant shift weight!!!! feel hungry all time (like some women do they are due their monthly period) its driving me crazy non of mt clothes fit i refuse buy more! Really considering having removed!.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Birth control can affect your appetite, but it doesn't make you gain weight. Eating too much does. How are you tracking your caloric intake?
  • lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have it too. Had it 8 months now. At first I wasnt really thinking about it and gained sooo much weight. 2 of my friends got it and same thing happened to them. Apparently it increases your appetite and for me, being concious of it has helped me. I gained around 10kgs so I think thats 22lbs. Im still struggiling to lose. Its been a slow process. One friend did Dukan Diet to lose some of it, I've just been sticking to eating healthy and exercising a fair amount. I hope this helps you :) I'll add you and we can support and motivate each other on this difficult journey.
  • ClairePear14
    Options
    The implant doesn't make you gain weight. Eating to much does.
    You're obviously eating more than you are claiming to be eating.
    The implant does increase hunger though, so maybe your just unconsciously snacking to rid of the hunger?
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think that any form of birth control will make a person gain weight. Yes, hormonal birth control changes your hormones and your body so you may feel hungrier than before but it all comes down to how you deal with it.

Continue to eat well and exercise. If you find yourself hungrier drink more water, break up your meals into smaller ones to allow for healthier snacks. Have things on hand like apple slices, celery, cucumbers etc pre-cut to make snacking easier and make it so you are less likely to turn to the "bad" things.

Things you read on the internet aren't always the truth. People may say "I haven't changed a thing and gain 50lbs on this birth control" however I'm betting they have changed things. Don't believe everything you read.

Keep tabs on your diet and exercise. Continue on and you should be fine. It takes 3-6 months usually for your body to get used to the hormones
  • emartin949
    emartin949 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I beg to differ. I gained about 60 pounds in the span of 4 months when starting the Depo shot (without changing any habits, and even if I was eating more, it was definitely not enough to constitute 15 lbs a month) and could not lose it while still on it. It's taken over a year to get that *kitten* out of my system. Good riddance.