starbucks!

Options
124»

Replies

• geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Must be an age thing. My younger friends love Starbucks. I like black coffee (nothing added), usually brewed at home or black tea with sugar. I tasted a Starbucks once - it tasted like a coffee flavored milkshake to me.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Must be an age thing. My younger friends love Starbucks. I like black coffee (nothing added), usually brewed at home or black tea with sugar. I tasted a Starbucks once - it tasted like a coffee flavored milkshake to me.

You realize they serve drip coffee, americanos, cappucinos, lattes, macchiatos, cortados (although probably only up on request)... not everything is a frappe. :p
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    cortado? What's that?

having a bulletproof coffee this morning and thinking to myself, I'd totally get one from them if they made these.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    wine,,, any winos,, add me.
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Grande nonfat latte. Runs me a buck 30. Better than a can of coke and boosts me way higher!
  • parkscs
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    cortado? What's that?

having a bulletproof coffee this morning and thi:p nking to myself, I'd totally get one from them if they made these.

A drink I know about only my friend's food-snobby wife always orders it, likely because most people don't know what it is. :p It's very similar to an espresso macchiato, from all I can tell, and any differences are subtle at best.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Ah, ok, so delving in a little it is a subtle difference.

macchiato: espresso + foam from milk
    cortado: espresso + warm milk

When I was in Rio, I would get cafe com leite, which where I was getting it was two shots of espresso with steamed milk. Which is a latte right? Well, there's a subtle difference that I can't figure out. I think it's ratios, and amount of steaming or foaming. I dunno.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    cortado? What's that?

having a bulletproof coffee this morning and thinking to myself, I'd totally get one from them if they made these.
    Espresso with steamed milk, not just the (hypothetical) foam of a macchiato or the quantity of milk/cream in a latte.
  • parkscs
    Options
    The latte has quite a bit more milk:coffee as I understand it. The cortado is more like a macchiato ratio but no foam. But yeah, we're splitting hairs at this point.
  • dbmata
    Options
    What I like when I'm wanting a macchiato, is a cortiato.

Macchiato + ground cinnamon + half and half.