not accepting friendship requests

Options
jade2112
jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
If I deny a friendship request is the person going to know? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but if there isn't any info about them or a statement I don't want to accept.

Replies

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Well I think eventually they will. I don't usually accept FR because I'm not a friend collector but lately I have and they are some pretty supportive people. Some of them had nothing on their profile and some didn't include a message but I'm glad I gave them a chance.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jade2112 wrote: »
    If I deny a friendship request is the person going to know? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but if there isn't any info about them or a statement I don't want to accept.

they will when they see this....
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    No, they don't get a notification that they were rejected. they just don't get added.

But, if they are remotely perceptive, they will notice you are not added to their list and can deduce they are either rejected or ignored.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I find it very hard to refuse anyone unless they are obvious Creepers, rude or vulgar. I have asked that they have an open profile and include a note with their requests. You can delete them anytime if they are not a positive person, don't really log or participate or are just not what you were expecting. :)
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dawmelvan
  • DWhy5
    DWhy5 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dawmelvan
    retweet
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    They won't get a notification that you denied them, if that's what you're asking.... But if they were really eager to be your friend and you never appeared on their friend list, I think they would be able to guess that you denied them. Regardless of that, I deny requests left and right!
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    I DON'T HAVE NOTHING ON MINE, BUT PEOPLE ACCEPTED ME ANYWAYS, DO WHAT YOU GOT TO DO
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    DWhy5 wrote: »
    I agree with Dawmelvan
    retweet
    #yup
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Dawmelvan wrote: »
    If people's feelings are hurt over a stranger not wanting to be friends on MFP, then they have deeper issues to work through.

^^this

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Yep. I knew.
  • daveclrk58
    Options
    I have zero friends and I fully intend to keep it that way. However, I do like chatting about random topics on the message board tho. Ya'll are some funny people!
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Hummm you can be my Pal
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    daveclrk58 wrote: »
    I have zero friends and I fully intend to keep it that way. However, I do like chatting about random topics on the message board tho. Ya'll are some funny people!
    Nice to see another friendless MFPer. Quite often it feels like I'm the only one.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    They won't get a notification, but once they notice they're not on your list, they will try again.
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    For me, the most difficult thing is that I genuinely want to support many more than I can but when I do lag my FL heavily down it compromises my ability to be the support they deserve. Lately I've had many not logging as often so I'm taking a few new ones on but nowhere as many as have requested. If I have a common friend or somehow interact with them, I usually accept them.