Need help to stay on track!

Options
My problem is, I get so far, mess up, then come back a month later. I can't seem to get into the routine of logging everything and sticking to goal. So my ask is, if you can help, add me and I will do my best to help you! X

Replies

• shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm the same! I manage about 3 weeks usually then I get bored. I'm trying to add friends this time for some support so feel free to add me.
  • ChristieSmith93
    Options
    shazland wrote: »
    Hiya - I'm the same! I manage about 3 weeks usually then I get bored. I'm trying to add friends this time for some support so feel free to add me.

Added you x
  • 152jurgen
    Options
    I'll add you, together it's easier.
  • ChristieSmith93
    Options
    152jurgen wrote: »
    I'll add you, together it's easier.

Thank you x
  • NewBody_2016_NewMe
    Options
    Looking for friends need extra help
  • klolittles
    klolittles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love help staying on track, I do great for about a week then blah...
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is the typical stopping point.
    PUSH THROUGH!!! Your body will go where your mind takes you!!!!
    You can do it. Its Worth it!

Feel free to add
    Nancy
  • iFeiKo
    iFeiKo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) we've moved to MFP with whole group from another weight loss app.
    We got our own specific challenge and help each other staying on track for several months already. Just 4 of us, and we'll be happy to find more dedicated users like us.

General info about the group is here, as well as instructions how to join if interested.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100427-consistency-challenge
    We're logging and communicating daily on MFP and now on Facebook (FB group details at the link above too).

If you have any real wish to change your life, you'll love hanging out with us :)
    Welcome!
  • jbb86
    jbb86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do great for about weeks with and would love help staying on track. Please add me
  • ChristieSmith93
    Options
    Looking for friends need extra help
    klolittles wrote: »
    Would love help staying on track, I do great for about a week then blah...
    nancybuss wrote: »
    3 weeks is the typical stopping point.
    PUSH THROUGH!!! Your body will go where your mind takes you!!!!
    You can do it. Its Worth it!

Feel free to add
    Nancy
    iFeiKo wrote: »
    Feel free to add me :) we've moved to MFP with whole group from another weight loss app.
    We got our own specific challenge and help each other staying on track for several months already. Just 4 of us, and we'll be happy to find more dedicated users like us.

General info about the group is here, as well as instructions how to join if interested.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100427-consistency-challenge
    We're logging and communicating daily on MFP and now on Facebook (FB group details at the link above too).

If you have any real wish to change your life, you'll love hanging out with us :)
    Welcome!
    jbb86 wrote: »
    I do great for about weeks with and would love help staying on track. Please add me

Thank you everyone, will add you all and have accepted any of you that have added me
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I do this too! :# I think smaller goals are probably helpful. Like I'm sticking to it until Sunday - when I weigh in.
    Then I will need to have another goal.
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've being doing this too so I'm trying breaking my target into smaller monthly targets which feel more achievable.

I'm also finding having friends on MFP to motivate and ensure accountability is really helping me.

Feel free to add me.
  • ChristieSmith93
    Options
    I do this too! :# I think smaller goals are probably helpful. Like I'm sticking to it until Sunday - when I weigh in.
    Then I will need to have another goal.
    Rich71bat wrote: »
    I've being doing this too so I'm trying breaking my target into smaller monthly targets which feel more achievable.

I'm also finding having friends on MFP to motivate and ensure accountability is really helping me.

Feel free to add me.

Added you both x
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My problem is, I get so far, mess up, then come back a month later. I can't seem to get into the routine of logging everything and sticking to goal. So my ask is, if you can help, add me and I will do my best to help you! X

You can do it! What helps me is to remember that it's not all or nothing. If I go over at one meal, I can get right back on track the next meal. It also helps me to keep in mind that the day isn't ruined because I went over. If it becomes obvious that I am going to go over by 300 calories, I don't give up and just eat whatever I want. I stop at the 300, making the most nutritious choices I can at that meal. That attitude change really helped me a lot. I used to think it was feast or famine (too early for puns?). So if you go for 3 weeks and give up for a day or two- all is not lost! Just get back at it. 21 days of healthy eating followed by a few slips is probably not what led to your weight gain. Good luck and stay strong!

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Just tell yourself you'll stay on track just for today. Don't worry about tomorrow or next year, every day just think about today! I stay on track because I know how hard it is to keep starting over. I don't eat four pieces of pizza because I know two is plenty and satisfying.

You can do it- just for today :)
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

You can do it! What helps me is to remember that it's not all or nothing. If I go over at one meal, I can get right back on track the next meal. It also helps me to keep in mind that the day isn't ruined because I went over. If it becomes obvious that I am going to go over by 300 calories, I don't give up and just eat whatever I want. I stop at the 300, making the most nutritious choices I can at that meal. That attitude change really helped me a lot. I used to think it was feast or famine (too early for puns?). So if you go for 3 weeks and give up for a day or two- all is not lost! Just get back at it. 21 days of healthy eating followed by a few slips is probably not what led to your weight gain. Good luck and stay strong!

This! Have you read this blog? It's been life-changing for me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/eat-badly-yesterday-skip-a-workout-get-over-it-408173

Good luck to everyone here! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 38 days into logging daily and I've never felt better! Getting connected to others on here has been a real difference to sticking with it for me. :)

Cynthia

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

It is an easy trap. Commit to it. If you mess up, don't come back in a month... come back tomorrow. Log even when you mess up... Start there first. We all mess up... That is life. Sometimes it is somewhat beyond our control... What do you do when you find yourself in a situation where it is expected that you eat in a festive occasion ... (Thanksgiving cometh)... You eat it, log it and move on to the next day. It is ok to go over once in a while but make a habit of logging daily... even when it is sorta ugly. Ignoring the problem does not make it go away... facing it does. Commit to it daily. if you mess up, pick yourself up THE NEXT DAY and start fresh. Best wishes.

• barbarakei
    barbarakei Posts: 3 Member
    Options

• barbarakei
    barbarakei Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm determined to stay with it this time! I tried once before and stopped…the secret is to keep going. Carrie Underwood logs everything she eats everyday. The answer is to not stop logging!!!!

• socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing about support: nobody else can really do much to keep you on track. We can cheer you on and offer what advice we may have while you are here but no one will likely chase after you and drag you back if you wander off. The commitment is yours and yours alone. You can do it! Show up and walk the walk. And do it again tomorrow.