Lose or maintain?

Options
DaintyAngelDreams
DaintyAngelDreams Posts: 55
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I'm trying to decide whether I should lose a few more pounds or stick where I am....
current stats:
Height: 5 ft 4
Weight: 109 lbs
waist: 24"
Hips: 33.5"
Bust: 33.5"
Thighs: 20"
... The only thing I'm not happy with is my thighs... I feel they are large in comparison to the rest of my body... but not sure if I would start to look too thin if I lost anymore?

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You might not get a lot of serious responses in this forum (it's the fun and games forum), but at 5'4" and 109, it sounds like you don't have a lot left to lose.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to decide whether I should lose a few more pounds or stick where I am....
    current stats:
    ... The only thing I'm not happy with is my thighs... I feel they are large in comparison to the rest of my body... but not sure if I would start to look too thin if I lost anymore?

If you don't like your figure as it is then losing a few more pounds won't help... You need to look into doing some recomp.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Stick with where you are - especially if you are only unhappy about your thighs.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    current stats:

If you don't like your figure as it is then losing a few more pounds won't help... You need to look into doing some recomp.
    This
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't need to lose anything being 109 Lbs...you need to work re-comp. Pick up some heavy things and put them down.
  • DaintyAngelDreams
    Options
    Thanks for the comments people, really appreciate them :) .... but.... what IS re-comp?? just like toning up?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments people, really appreciate them :) .... but.... what IS re-comp?? just like toning up?

eating at maintenance while lifting heavy weights (or lifting at a hypertrophy range if you'd like to try to promote more size growth, although a mix of strength and hypertrophy range would work just fine at maintenance intake - 4-10 rep range probably enough)
  • DaintyAngelDreams
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

eating at maintenance while lifting heavy weights (or lifting at a hypertrophy range if you'd like to try to promote more size growth, although a mix of strength and hypertrophy range would work just fine at maintenance intake - 4-10 rep range probably enough)

ooohhh thank you :) What's it supposed to do? Build lean muscle or ....?? I really don't know much about lifting weights!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

ooohhh thank you :) What's it supposed to do? Build lean muscle or ....?? I really don't know much about lifting weights!

Assuming you're still pretty new (or entirely new?) to lifting, you might put on some muscle due to newbie gains. But mostly it's supposed to help you maintain your lean body mass and you might be able to lose some fat while doing it and maybe gain some muscle. But it's a slooow process. you'd do better bulking to be honest. So eating above maintenance (200 cals is enough), eat enough protein (1g/lb of lean body mass as a minimum, I do 1.2x lbm for my cut now, wasn't eating enough protein the last little while) and lifting heavy. You're really slim, you would probably benefit from putting on weight anyways. limit the increase in calories to minimize how much fat is gained, and then you can always go back to maintenance or a small deficit (e.g. 0.5lbs/week or so) to help reduce fat.
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you look just fine but I understand ! Kinda I mean you are stick thin but just walk and eat right your thighs look & will look fine