Squat challange

Options
Anyone want to join me in the squat challenge or had an experience with it?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    better to just learn how to squat and if body weight is too easy (e.g. can easily get up to 10 reps without feeling like you did any work) then add some weight via a barbell or by holding onto dumbbells.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    There is no legitimate reason to do daily squats up to 240 reps, unless you're just trying to build some leg endurance for squats. Muscles worked in anaerobic resistance should get a minimum day's rest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Tried one of the squat challenges and had knee pain so now I do weighted goblet squats every other day only. I find that doing the weighted on my weight lifting days is more beneficial than blowing my knees out doing excessive amounts everyday. But feel free to torture yourself. Let me know how it works out for you. ;)
  • aracekal
    aracekal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did the squat challenge last year and had awesome results. It is definitely worth it! I might join you and start it again
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Smolov challenge?
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What issss the challenge I'll do it
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    don't do it
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    There is no legitimate reason to do daily squats up to 240 reps, unless you're just trying to build some leg endurance for squats. Muscles worked in anaerobic resistance should get a minimum day's rest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    No thanks because....this ^^
  • ana3067
    Options
    What issss the challenge I'll do it

you do body weight squats everyday and increase the reps until you are doing an idiotically high number of reps. Also no rest days so basically you are doing it all wrong.
  • nekoyaz
    nekoyaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The squat challenge my friend sent me has a rest day every 3 days.
    You start with 50 squats, then 55, then 60, then rest, then 65 and so on and so on. My friend got amazing results from it. I've tried it a few times but I never get passed 100 squats day. I don't know if that means it's unsafe or what. Perhaps it'd be better to do like people are saying and do squats every other day.
  • ana3067
    Options
    nekoyaz wrote: »
    The squat challenge my friend sent me has a rest day every 3 days.
    You start with 50 squats, then 55, then 60, then rest, then 65 and so on and so on. My friend got amazing results from it. I've tried it a few times but I never get passed 100 squats day. I don't know if that means it's unsafe or what. Perhaps it'd be better to do like people are saying and do squats every other day.

And you should be taking 24-48hr rest period between each work out of the same muscle groups. So 3x in a row still not ideal rest conditions.

If you can do 100 bodyweight squats... then you can do weighted squats for normal rep ranges at the gym