Frank Sinatra / Rat Pack Gift Ideas

Options
SimonCypher
SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
A friend of mine is a massive Frank Sinatra & Rat Pack fan, she has 3 rats (don't know why!) and they're called Frank, Sammy & Dean but she just calls then the Rat Pack *face palm*.

With Christmas coming up, I want to get her something connected to this, I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites that I could look at for gifts? It would have to be in the UK unfortunately as buying from overseas would mean a delay in delivery and wouldn't want to risk not having it here in time.

Ideas would be welcomed, I know I could go for the usual CD's, Vinyls, Posters etc but want something that she wouldn't expect.

I appreciate this isn't really fitness related but thought I'd post here to look for suggestions, thanks, :smile:

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    rat poison?
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    I doubt she'd appreciate her rats being killed, lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    maybe she would like another pet rat, are they good to snuggle with? why do people like rats??? what do they do with them?
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    I wish I had an answer to those questions, I thought she was joking when she told me but she wasn't. Whenever I think of rats I think of Splinter from TMNT.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sinatra CD or original movie poster from ebay. If Sinatra is too pricey, try Dean or Sammy.
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    I think I'll look at maybe a Sinatra poster and then put it in a nice frame for her, I'm the worst at buying presents for others :neutral_face:
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the Celebrity Roasts box set.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Depends on the friend...but you can get a stand-up made of her favorite - or the trio. Typically a stand-up costs about $10 US a foot.

OR... you could get a singing telegram from an impersonator to surprise her with a song.

Or...bring her to a speakeasy or some other place where they play the music she likes.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think I'll look at maybe a Sinatra poster and then put it in a nice frame for her, I'm the worst at buying presents for others :neutral_face:

You are NOT a terrible gift buyer! The fact that you are giving it this much thought proves that.

• dxwatson2
    dxwatson2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not sure if any of these are local to you, but it's a thing which exists.

http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-rat-pack-vegas-spectacular
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If the celebrity roasts weren't so pricey i would go with those. Do you know if she has any of the movies? You could look into a box set, Turner classic movies might have stuff too related to them.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    A bottle of Jack Daniels Sinatra Select. Bit pricey, but it's so good.
  • SimonCypher
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dxwatson2 wrote: »
    Not sure if any of these are local to you, but it's a thing which exists.

http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-rat-pack-vegas-spectacular

That's excellent, don't know if she's aware of this but I'll definitely be looking into this as we leave near one of the locations, thank you, :smile:
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    A bottle of Jack Daniels Sinatra Select. Bit pricey, but it's so good.

She bought herself this earlier on in the year otherwise would have potentially got this for her.
  • SimonCypher
    Options

You are NOT a terrible gift buyer! The fact that you are giving it this much thought proves that.

Awww, thank you. Hopefully I can find her something that'll make her smile, :smile:
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    Medivh73 wrote: »
    I was thinking the Celebrity Roasts box set.

I'm not sure what this is, but I'll search on Google and check it out.
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the responses, definitely given me some ideas to look at. I'll post with what I've actually gone for.
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    I've gone ahead and purchased some tickets to 'The Rat Pack Vegas Spectacular Tour' , because she works some evenings I've asked to her to make sure she's free as I want to take her out somewhere. I hope that she's able to get it off as I'd enjoy going to it also, :smile: