Downsides to weight loss (just for a laugh)

Options
Has anyone experienced any unexpected downsides to weight loss? This is only for a bit of fun. For example my personal contribution is since my layer of insulation is depleting I'm bloody cold all the time so my household heating has been turned up (hence higher energy bills) and the other half ain't too happy, lol.

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Have to use your new body to make money in order to buy new wardrobe that fits! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Have to use your new body to make money in order to buy new wardrobe that fits! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    LOL.
  • Spankymonkey79
    Options
    Ha ha. Unfortunately though, no amount of training will change my face :D
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options

Make sure to include a winter coat because winter is way colder after losing weight
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I need to buy new pants (clothes in general) but do not want to buy my in between loss size pants. ie: I need to buy 34 waist pants right now, as my 36s are falling off my *kitten*. But I know I will probably need a 32 by goal weight. So yea, I dont want to waste money on the middle size 34! Haha
  • Hrcules
    Hrcules Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Being called names for being too skinny
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Needing to shop in the kids department.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Having to chuck all your shoes because they're too big now!! Even more embarrassing, being able to wear kid's shoes size 4-5.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    siren1ty wrote: »
    carpet burns on your nips :p

Oooh my gosh, this made me laugh!
  • NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    - Yes, being cold all the time!
    - Having to replace your entire wardrobe.
    - People on public transport feeling they can take up more of your space because you're not filling it so much!
    - Butt bones hurt more from sitting on hard surfaces.
    - If you have wider hips like me (and still some curves in your behind), the dreaded pants waist gap!
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Surfrider wrote: »
    I need to buy new pants (clothes in general) but do not want to buy my in between loss size pants. ie: I need to buy 34 waist pants right now, as my 36s are falling off my *kitten*. But I know I will probably need a 32 by goal weight. So yea, I dont want to waste money on the middle size 34! Haha

I hears ya,
    I used to be a 56" waist, now a 46, so had no option but to buy, but at time was 47" so trousers came in 46" and 48", so thought nuuuu not fair, best get 48" just incase...

and yes ya guessed it, had them a week and now 46" Cries

And new shirt now too big too, but least not as big as other ones... lol

It going to cost me a fortune this weight loss lol
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    My boobs really do hang low and you can tie them in a bow! lol
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go with...can't shop at Lane Bryant.
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    you can touch your toes again so everyone expects you to paint your own toenails
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    As a woman, breast and hips get smaller
  • BUTIgirl212516
    BUTIgirl212516 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Got called anorexic. I am NOT freaking anorexic!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Ten years ago I lost 50 pounds and while I wouldn't call my 10 year old daughter a "downside" she was certainly a surprise.
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Have to spend more money to Buy whole new wardrobe. When I couldn't fit my clothes. I started working out.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Downsides:
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    Needing to shop in the kids department.
    Hrcules wrote: »
    Being called names for being too skinny
    - People on public transport feeling they can take up more of your space because you're not filling it so much!
    - Butt bones hurt more from sitting on hard surfaces.
    kelika71 wrote: »
    Having to chuck all your shoes because they're too big now!

All of the above, plus not being able to sleep on my side comfortably. Also, much smaller boobs and flatter butt. :'(

The upside: I am no longer overweight.