For the love of BOOBS!

Replies

• Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    yoovie wrote: »
    mine perked up considerably by adding bench and inverted body weight rows, and that was after losing 100#

Ooo I'll have to try it. My loss so far has been from diet alone because I couldn't exercise, but now that I can I'd like to get into weight lifting!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    you should absolutely start a weight program as soon as you can fit it in. It fixes everything that 'dieting alone' does to your tummy, boobs, asshat and thighs. also arms.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Maybe this should become a regular "before & after" topic under success stories just like fat face comparison. With pics of course. :p
  • yoovie
    against the terms of service.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited November 2014
    So, I know that you can't change your boobs with exercise. Mine got teeny tiny. I'm down to a 32 B and can wear A cups. I was depressed about how they looked.

But-I do a lot of chest work and the appearance of that region has changed dramatically, because of working the muscle underneath. I think this is mostly for women with really small chests. I don't know how to describe it...I never use the word "tone" but this is the only word I can think of. It's not the breasts themselves, but the area in between. I'm so much happier now, at least there is something pretty to look at when I am wearing something low cut.

I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy. Things look better when you lift.
  • adamdromes
    adamdromes Posts: 2 Member
    For me the booty starts to deflate a bit (the body tends to store a lot of excess fat in this area, particularly for ladies). Luckily there are plenty of exercises to offset that effect and get the glutes repumped (bulgarian split squats are my favorite, heavy of course.) As for the tatas....boob curls? :D
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    For me its my butt! My butt is melting...nooo! I've been doing a bunch of exercises and it has perked up a bit, but its smaller and more firm now. I'm guessing, that maybe it just takes time for everywhere else to catch up. Like when I lose my stomach fat finally, my butt will look bigger again? hahaha. If only we could choose where we lose weight from.

I think that when you lose more weight eventually, you may be smaller chested, but it will also be more proportional to your smaller figure and will thus look nicer. :)
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited November 2014
    If it makes you feel any better, you're probably not truly a 38b.
    Your boobs will look awesome in a bra of the correct size, no matter their shape or perkiness level. Maybe they won't be so perky flying free, but they will look superb in a bra.

http://www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits

For me, after kids, it was a saggy, ugly, floppy 38B into a properly fitted, glorious, perky 34DDD. Victoria's Secret sizing is *kitten*. +4 band is WRONG.

/bravangelizing rant
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    threnjen wrote: »
    Your boobs will look awesome in a bra of the correct size, no matter their shape or perkiness level. Maybe they won't be so perky flying free, but they will look superb in a bra.

For me, after kids, it was a saggy, ugly, floppy 38B into a properly fitted, glorious, perky 34DDD. Victoria's Secret sizing is *kitten*. +4 band is WRONG.

/bravangelizing rant

I was measured and they do look quite marvelous in a bra, but I HATE wearing them, that's why I want them more perky.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Shoot :(
    I feel ya. Mine are destroyed after kids and weight loss.
  • FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    If I may interject an alternate view...

I'm a breast cancer survivor. I would gladly trade my lopsided, scarred breasts for smaller/saggy breasts any day. Trust me - there are NO cute bras in any size that will accommodate a prosthetic, and those that are made for such things are ugly AND expensive. :(

Not trying to be snotty or snarky, but realize that there are worse things than small and saggy.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Oh I embarrass hubby out of the room waving my wrinkled, soggy boobs around. Sports bras turn them in to the un-a-boob. They are kind of a conversation starter now with the right audience. I am older than you so besides having breast fed two children and undertaking significant weight loss, I have the effects of fifty years of gravity. I think I will wait until I stop shrinking and re-evaluate. My preference is to go to lingerie shop with a great fitter (we have one here in town).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    We must! We must!
    We must increase our bust!
    The bigger, the better,
    The tighter the sweater,
    The boys depend on us!

I don't know the answer. I think mine are going to need a lift when I'm done.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I can say that, while I lost very little size as I lost weight (lucky me), they did look "deflated" initially. As I continued to lose weight (combo of lifting and running), my skin tightened up and they perked back up and look like they used to.

I strongly believe strength training helps a lot. Having some muscle makes everything look more defined.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    FenTiger89 wrote: »

I'm a breast cancer survivor. I would gladly trade my lopsided, scarred breasts for smaller/saggy breasts any day. Trust me - there are NO cute bras in any size that will accommodate a prosthetic, and those that are made for such things are ugly AND expensive. :(

Not trying to be snotty or snarky, but realize that there are worse things than small and saggy.

So sorry to hear what you have been through. I'm happy you are well now. And you're right, there are worse things than small and saggy. I think we all get caught up in our bodies, especially us MFP people who are working so hard. It's not even always in a vain way it's just a huge part of our lives. But, it's important to remember we are really lucky to be healthy enough to do ANYTHING, whether it be jumping jacks or dead lifting 350 lb.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Get surgery. Or wait till you hit your goal weight and see if you can live with them as they are.

=\
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2014
    threnjen wrote: »

/bravangelizing rant

Also this.

• FenTiger89 wrote: »

I'm a survivor too, and I think this is an unfair thing to say. The OP just wants to improve her body, and this is kind of the website for it, you know?

I don't know what to tell you about prosthetics. But I'm guessing with some minor sewing skills you might be able to modify most bras? Heck, what a great kit that would be for others who have had that surgery. Business idea =)

Congrats on making it to the other side. I wish you many, many, many years of good health.
  • yoovie
    edited November 2014
    arditarose wrote: »
    Things look better when you lift.

not even kinda crazy

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I lost mine. I lift heavy and have pecs, and the separation resembles cleavage, but my itty bitties still sag because pecs=/=boobs.