A few questions about bathroom scales!

What brand/kind do you use? Do you recommend it? Do you think or know that it's accurate?

I'm looking to buy a new one, preferably digital. My current scale has always been a bit wacky and jumps up and down 1-5 pounds in just a matter of seconds (even with brand new batteries!)

Suggestions?

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    What brand/kind do you use? Do you recommend it? Do you think or know that it's accurate?

I'm looking to buy a new one, preferably digital. My current scale has always been a bit wacky and jumps up and down 1-5 pounds in just a matter of seconds (even with brand new batteries!)

Suggestions?

They all do that. The ones that don't jump have programming preventing them from jumping. Most scales have "memory" of the most recent weigh in so they fake accuracy. Step on my scale 3 times in a row and you get the same # 3 times. Step on the scale 3 times in a row, weighing your foot in-between each weighing to reset the memory, and it is usually in a 2-3 pound range (LOL @ decimals). Some nowadays are getting more sophisticated at beating the weigh a foot method. Digital bathroom scales are no more accurate than analog ones, their accuracy is totally fake, they use the same strain gauges.
  • enzamatic
    enzamatic Posts: 12 Member
    Any idea if there are any digital scales that act like an analog scale, or even a kitchen scale? I have a digital kitchen scale and I can watch the weight change as I pour it. Couldn't digital scales get out of this issue by just continually showing what they currently have? I.e...if someone hands me something I can see my weight go up, rather than read 3 times/average and display it once the end?

If you know of a scale like that, or even what search terms I could use to find such a reading, would love to know! And yeah i realize this is a really old post lol. Just now shopping for a scale and having the an issue with this memory behavior.