Crock pot chicken ideas?

Options
littlelily613
littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
I just bought my first raw, whole chicken and am planning on putting it in the slow cooker over night. I need some ideas of how to make it awesome. Any easy crockpot chicken recipes would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• NicoleLawrence98
    NicoleLawrence98 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    add tined tomatos, garlic, salt, pepper, mixed vegies, mushrooms, bistro, oxo cube, onions and then cook. should taste delicious
  • NicoleLawrence98
    NicoleLawrence98 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    oh and some water to make a nice gravy
  • amandaiams
    amandaiams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a whole chicken and instead of the crock pot I made a roasted chicken and it was delicious! But I'm sure you could use similar flavors in the crock pot only the skin won't be crispy.
    I bought celery and carrots and happened to have a bag of butternut squash cubes I threw in the bottom of the pan. Oh, and a white onion quartered. The I flavored the bird with Cavender's Greek Seasoning (although, I don't think I used enough or the flavor wasn't strong enough to me personally. ) and garlic powder. The recipe I followed used butter in the bird and on the veggies. I think that is what kept it moist in the oven, but I didn't really think that much butter was necessary. instead, I would think in a crockpot you could put water and the juices from the bird would basically flavor the veggies without adding all the extra fat. Plus it shouldn't dry out a lot in the crock pot especially if you have veggies and water.
    Just my two cents :) I find my best recipes are on allrecipes.com You can read reviews and how people tweaked it and I haven't been disappointed yet.
  • grlgemini
    Options
    I would recommend wrapping some russet potatoes in foil and putting them on the bottom. Then lay the Chicken on top. Add onion (cut into 1/4 thickness), carrots (baby or cut in chunks a whole one), and celery. Add those ingredients around the Chicken. Throw a bay leaf in the cavity of the chicken. Salt/Pepper over the chicken.
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooked-lemon-chicken

lemon and garlic crockpot chicken.. makes your house smell so good! and it's super easy!
  • williecampos
    williecampos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Easy way of making healthy chicken tacos. Just add some salsa and taco seasoning, and shred when done. Easy :)
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I used a whole cut up chicken last night. Chicken Chili Verde. Season the chicken with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Brown on all sides in skillet. Put in crock pot with 2 cups of favorite green salsa. Cook on low 8 hours. So delicious!

Here's a link: http://www.cookingforbabe.com/2014/11/chicken-chili-verde.html
  • Amie0403
    Options
    I cut the chicken into parts & remove the skin. Add one can of condensed chicken soup, one can of water, can of white kidney beans (drained), one bulb (yes, a bulb) of garlic (skin removed from each clove), and a batch of fresh thyme (or a T. of dried). Everyone in my family loves this meal!