Take 5

Options
I work in an office setting, and twice a week we have members of our fitness center come to our department and do what's called "Take 5". It's 5-10 minutes of stretching, designed to get us up and out of our chairs and moving. Participation is optional. Since I've started here, I have never participated in the Take 5. I was embarassed. I've never had the desire to stretch in front of people, particularly those who are fit.

Today was the first time that I participated, and I feel great. I've only been exercising for a little over a month now, but I was confident while stretching. I wasn't worried about what the other people I work with thought. I did it for me.

It's the little successes that need to be celebrated in order to reach the bigger goals.

What little success did you have today?

Replies

• stillbattlingthebulge
    Options
    Good for you! Thats cool!

I pulled on my husband's big ole coat and went on a walk even though I didn't want to, and I thought it was too cold. But you know what? I hardly wanted to come back in!
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! A similar success I had today was take a walk while on a phone call during lunch. I ended up walking for at least an hour!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That's really great! A little success today was walking up to the top of a 10 story building 3 times, today, at lunch.
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! :) A little progress each day takes you a long way!