PiYo Group

Options
Hi ladies! Yesterday was my first day of PiYo and I already am falling in love with it! If there's anyone else out there currently getting ready to start PiYo or is only a few days in, I'd love for you to join this thread. I'm looking for 5-10 ladies who are interested and I'd like to get a group of us going on here! Feel free to add me and start any discussions here :smile:

~ Amanda (amcnulty09)

Replies

• anns5678
    anns5678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I just started it on 11/3 as well. Recently I moved and haven't had the opportunity to rejoin a gym and take group classes. I was getting bored on the treadmill, so I decided to do a 21-day challenge recommended to me by an acquaintance and picked this up. Even though it's only the third day, I can feel my muscles talking back to me!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am interested in buying the PIYO workout system and starting it too. Can you tell me anything about it? How strenuous is it? I have some health issues and don't want to hurt myself.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    anns5678 wrote: »
    Hey there. I just started it on 11/3 as well. Recently I moved and haven't had the opportunity to rejoin a gym and take group classes. I was getting bored on the treadmill, so I decided to do a 21-day challenge recommended to me by an acquaintance and picked this up. Even though it's only the third day, I can feel my muscles talking back to me!

I know, its crazy how fast you feel it start to work! Oddly enough I am really feeling it in my core. I feel like the balancing acts are really making me focus more on stabilizing with my core. I especially love that I can workout barefoot now!

• yvonneknits
    yvonneknits Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started PiYo on 10/30 and I like it. Planning to give it the full 60 days. I'm way overweight and terribly out of shape. I find some of the things hard to do but with the modifications that are shown on the DVD I can usually get it done. I don't love the triceps pushups but I know they are going to make me stronger. I just go as far down as I can each time. I'd love to be in a group that is doing PiYo but I've not done anything with the social part of MFP so not sure how it works.
  • yvonneknits
    yvonneknits Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mcsweetly wrote: »
    I am interested in buying the PIYO workout system and starting it too. Can you tell me anything about it? How strenuous is it? I have some health issues and don't want to hurt myself.
    It's no impact and there are lots of modifications available so it might be worth giving a try. What specifically are you want to know about?
  • sabolfitwife
    Options

I think you are going to really enjoy the program. Low impact, no jumping, not to strenuous, always a modification shown and the classes are relatively short in time.
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started it a couple weeks ago, but life got in the way and I'm determined to start it again this weekend!
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    I started PiYo on 10/30 and I like it. Planning to give it the full 60 days. I'm way overweight and terribly out of shape. I find some of the things hard to do but with the modifications that are shown on the DVD I can usually get it done. I don't love the triceps pushups but I know they are going to make me stronger. I just go as far down as I can each time. I'd love to be in a group that is doing PiYo but I've not done anything with the social part of MFP so not sure how it works.

Feel free to add me on here! I created a PiYo group but wasn't sure how many people I'd get to join in, but I will definitely get you ladies into it. I thought we could all post daily what class we did, how we felt, how we did with food/water intake etc!
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    I started it a couple weeks ago, but life got in the way and I'm determined to start it again this weekend!

Yay! Would you like to join the PiYo group I created?
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd love to!
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    I'd love to!

I sent you an invitation to the group! It's called PiYo - Lean & Mean before 2015
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've got about a week to finish the first 60 days then plan to start again. I love piyo. Have noticed huge changes in my body from it. May i join in please :D
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    I've got about a week to finish the first 60 days then plan to start again. I love piyo. Have noticed huge changes in my body from it. May i join in please :D

That's awesome!! I can't wait to see where I am by the end of December. Feel free to join the PiYo group I created and post about your experience/transformation! It's called PiYo - Lean & Mean before 2015
  • alesia9
    alesia9 Posts: 19
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I just finished my first round of PiYo with an accountability group. I love that it is suitable for anyone really from die heart yogis to folks just looking to get lean tight muscles. I lost a total of 11 lbs and 14 inches overall (followed the meal plan 80% to a tee lol). I'd love to share my results and other friends' if anyone is wondering how effective the program is.
  • alesia9
    Options

@mcsweetly- do you have any restrictions? PiYo is low impact with no jumping and focuses on strengthening and flexibility. Also, there is a moderator. Hope this helps! If you are interested in knowing more about the program or a special promotion that is currently going on let me know.
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    alesia9 wrote: »

@mcsweetly- do you have any restrictions? PiYo is low impact with no jumping and focuses on strengthening and flexibility. Also, there is a moderator. Hope this helps! If you are interested in knowing more about the program or a special promotion that is currently going on let me know.

She already ordered the PiYo program and is working with her Beachbody coach. Please remember, we are not allowed to promote any outside promotions/businesses here on MyFitnessPal.
  • chy82
    chy82 Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    amcnulty09 wrote: »

She already ordered the PiYo program and is working with her Beachbody coach. Please remember, we are not allowed to promote any outside promotions/businesses here on MyFitnessPal.

I did not see anywhere that she said she ordered it. Unless maybe you PM'd her already did the same that someone else is now offering. Especially since you just had another post that you are a coach.
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    chy82 wrote: »
    amcnulty09 wrote: »

I did not see anywhere that she said she ordered it. Unless maybe you PM'd her already did the same that someone else is now offering. Especially since you just had another post that you are a coach.

I am friends with her on Facebook also, that's how I knew that she ordered it. Wasn't trying to cause any problems, was just saying! Not trying to promote my coaching business here on MFP. I know we are not allowed to do that on this website. I merely started PiYo myself and created a Piyo group also to try and get some other ladies involved for some extra motivation and accountability.