A Little Emotional

Options
I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 163.5 for the 2nd day and thought wow fabulous I can log that! Then it hit me that I have lost all the weight I gained after my mom died almost 11yrs ago.

My story starts when my mom died. It was devastating and over the next 6-7 years I gained 23lbs(on a 5'3" frame) and lost a lot of self confidence in the process. I was fat and gross and so not attractive. 2yrs years ago, almost to the day, something finally clicked and I started my fitness journey. I have never been a gym person or an exercise person for that matter, lol. I started out slowly with walking and and counting my calories and lost almost 20lbs by late spring of last year, then I added weight lifting. I was doing it on my own in my companies fitness room but I didn't have enough direction and I started to lose focus and got frustrated by the summer because I wasn't seeing results. Slowly over last fall and winter I gained back 1/2 of what I had lost. This past spring I got in gear again and joined a gym and got a personal trainer. It was the best thing I've ever done. Fast forward 6mos and after a couple months of a plateau(that I never thought I would get out of) I'm losing again and as of this morning have surpassed my 1st weight goal. But aside from that I am so much stronger then I have ever been and feel much healthier.

If you have to get a part-time job, donate plasma(seriously, that's what I do) do it so you can get a trainer. It is so totally worth it and you will never regret it.

I don't have any extremely recent pics but you can see my progression under my profile pics.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!