Strength training and bodybuilding

Options

Replies

• Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I refuse to rule out synthol ;) maybe i'm just jealous of those symmetrical boulders though. :s
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    They're so fluffy compared to the rest of him.

We should send a mini-derrick and find out. lol.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    David Wright has always been the athlete I most wanted to emulate physically.

glkfm8gkwbb8.jpg
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You are now aware that he doesn't look like that all year and that's his competition body. It's not sustainable all year. It take a lot of training, a lot of food and a lot of tren,drol,gh among other things not worth mentioning because it's most likely a bannable offense to discuss. Pic related his off season for.
    66699d1387075223-frank-mcgrath-vaillant-recent-pic-antoine-12.13.2013.jpg Dem capped delts.

That's not Frank McGrath btw. That's Antoine Vaillant.
  • little_simon
    little_simon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Please define "true strength"...
  • SpikedJoker
    Options
    Thanks all for your input.
    That was my point I don't want the competition body but the sustainable year round physique.

By true strength I mean not just looking like you lift 500+ but being able to do it. I've met quite a few people who seem like they can lift by the size but when put to the test in real life situations , It's like their strength is just not there..
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Options
    That's not Frank McGrath btw. That's Antoine Vaillant.

>_< google has failed me once again.
    also op i think i found a solution for you. build a solid foundation first and then find a strongman gym. I'd say power lifting, but it doesn't really cross over to real world situations very well. Either way to get whatever physique you are looking for is going to involve packing on as much mass as you can on your frame and then cutting down to a lower body fat percentage then repeating the process. Besides,farmers walks, atlas stones , and keg tosses are fun as ****.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your input.
    That was my point I don't want the competition body but the sustainable year round physique.

By true strength I mean not just looking like you lift 500+ but being able to do it. I've met quite a few people who seem like they can lift by the size but when put to the test in real life situations , It's like their strength is just not there..

This is because, in general, bodybuilder physiques are really good for looking nice, but not actually as strong as folks who are muscular but less 'ripped.' The folks you're apparently wanting to emulate aren't good examples of what you're calling 'true strength'. . . or drug-free results, for that matter.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Watch some of Elliot Hulse's workouts on Youtube. He's a strong boy.
  • SpikedJoker
    Options
    I guess there's a bigger difference in the look vs strength That's sustainable than I realized. Hmm, I guess more research is required. And like I said Thanks guys for the help. Anyone who wants to can add me and give advice and If I find something that works well I'll share. Happy lifting.
  • dbmata
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    its much more important to get strong first. then you can work on the shredded look.

QFT.

Well, it jives with my opinion, therefore it is truth.
  • dbmata
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    Watch some of Elliot Hulse's workouts on Youtube. He's a strong boy.

Just don't listen to his philosophical mumbo jumbo

I dunno, I remember once he said something like, "Lift it like you still have your balls."

I think that's a good philosophy for a guy. lol.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHFYEQRnQew

I'm gonna have to start performing a self exorcism with a touch of mimicking child birth if i ever wanna break my OHP plateau. Time to hit new PRs
  • dbmata
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I need an old priest and a young priest.

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

ETA - (Movie ref, not gettin all biblioteca)
  • SpikedJoker
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHFYEQRnQew

I'm gonna have to start performing a self exorcism with a touch of mimicking child birth if i ever wanna break my OHP plateau. Time to hit new PRs

Sometimes just changing the way you do it breaks the plateau
  • dbmata
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder, how much of plateau is due to intensity and dedication or lack thereof?
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Options
    That feel when no micro plates to find out. Either way half the fun is building it back up. Gotta keep greasing the groove at 80-90%. Weekly or biweekly PRs on OHP are better than none at all in my book.