Has anyone done any self defense classes like Krav Maga?

Options
wrkout20151
wrkout20151 Posts: 2
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
I just started doing it for about a month, the first few weeks absolutely killed me!!!

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I like KM.

Came in useful with a particularly lippy towny back when I lived in boston. God that was fun.
  • jmesleh
    jmesleh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not yet but I've been contemplating signing up for classes myself!
  • jmesleh
    jmesleh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In addition to self defense, I want to lose weight doing it. Have you seen significant results in this area?
  • Telsera
    Telsera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's a martial arts and sports fighting group on here. You might want to post this question on their forum for better answers.

My two cents: I take brazilian jiu jitsu and it always kills me because we are always pushing ourselves to get better/stronger/etc. I've been training about 3 years now. We have a few guys that lost a ton of weight doing it, but they worked super hard. You get out what you put into it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Telsera wrote: »
    There's a martial arts and sports fighting group on here. You might want to post this question on their forum for better answers.

My two cents: I take brazilian jiu jitsu and it always kills me because we are always pushing ourselves to get better/stronger/etc. I've been training about 3 years now. We have a few guys that lost a ton of weight doing it, but they worked super hard. You get out what you put into it.

What's the Brazilian jiu jitsu like as a beginner? Fitness level wise? I was looking for something different to do. I love lifting and getting stronger, but thought this would be a nice supplement.