mom at home 3 kids!!!NEED to lose it!

Options
Hi, My name is Isabelle. I am a wife and mother. We have three children. Two girls 11 and 8 years old and a boy who will turn one mid May. I had lost 50 pounds prior to the last pregancy. It all came back because I had to stop my exercising and walking everyday. I was also eating really good not following a particular plan. Now Baby will be a year old and he is almost weaned! May be we have 2-3 weeks to go. I am also a stay at home- homeschooling mom. I want to get busy and eating well again. But I have a hard time this time around. I am now at 245!!! I have a size G (cup) for a bra!!!! Now that needs to go! lol. I did not know that size existed! I was down to a size 15 regular before baby..now I am a size 3x for tops and 20 for bottoms! I am hoping this tool here will help me gain some confidence and motivation!
Thanks.....for just reading!!! Felt good to just let it out too!!! lol
Isie:tongue:

Replies

• KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other! I'm also thinking about losing the baby weight, though my youngest is only 3 weeks old, I'm just so tired of being so heavy! I'm sporting an F cup here and have about 85 pounds more to lose, and I hope to do it in a timely manner!

We can do it! MFP has already helped in just keeping me accountable and the success of others has kept me inspired!

Katie
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well im not a stay at home mom but i do watch kids in my home and really enjoy it! It has taken me 3 months to even loose 14lb and its hard to get in time still since i work 3/4ths of the day, But somethings that help me smaller portions, eating more fruit and veggys( salad) . Even those little things will be a start if you cant fit in exercising. But to sneak that in is maybe after lunch or first this in the morning with out without the kids sneak in a walk or maybe pop in a exercise dvd that you all can enjoy.. there is so many out there. Well i hope this helps!
  • johanneleger
    johanneleger Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You sure found the right place to come for support. I LOVE this site, as I have found a lot of supporting friends. Also, I get a lot of tips from others on the same journey as we are.

You took the first step in coming here. If you set reasonable goals, you will be able to lose that G cup !! You just have to take it one day at a time. I found that by not trying to change everything at once help me a lot. I did SMALL changes that I kept and just kept on adding new changes here and there. Since January, my food and exercise diaries have improved a lot. And I don't feel deprived since I allow one free day a week.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I find it very motivational to have someone giving positive reinforcement on my daily accomplishments, as small as they may be.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as friend. I am a stay at home mom to 5 kids ages 11, 9, 5, 2, and 11 months. I am breastfeeding also. I birthed 4 of the kids & we are adopting the 5 year old. I was a size 20 & a 3x top (F cup here) when I started losing weight. You can do this!
  • KatieJoMoore
    Options
    Congrats on making the first big step to success. I had my doubts about MFP, as I have tried to lose weight in the past and not once had I succeeded. I am a mother of two, 3 and 1, and between pregnancies and college weight I packed on 50 unwanted lbs. After 7 weeks of using MFP I have dropped 10lbs and 6 inches. I am completely amazed by this site, and if you follow it and log consistently you WILL see results! Being a SAHM is a tough job (I do in home daycare, so I probably face a lot of the same challenges as you), I wish you the best on your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support :)
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to be! I'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys and my youngest will also be one in May. Lost 17 lbs with MFP before the pregnacy and limited exercise during. Just started pushing myself, again, it's a great feeling. Lots of luck on your weightloss journey!!!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a homeschooling mom and know how hard it is sometimes to find the time to workout and make healthy eating choices. Good luck in your journey!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM for a few more months before I return to work full time after being home with my four kids (10,8,6, and 3) for 10 years. I founda gym with a child care and found some workout DVD's to do in the basement or during the 3 year olds nap time. The big kids are big enough to stay out of here and do xyz until I am finished...I also made it a priority for me and my family that fitness is important. The kids will walk with me, bike ride with me, and sometimes a DVD with me. We do judo as a family etc. I ran a marathon last year but couldn't have done it without the committment of my hubby too...I can find time to squeeze in an hour workout on my own...but anything more and hubby needs to step up...I can't do it alone.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girl!!! I'm a SAHM with 3 kids too and I also homeschool - VICIOUS CYCLE AIN'T IT? Feel free to add me if you like! We can get through this together!!!:noway: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Also a SAHM (stay at home mom) of 3. Add me if you like!
  • tgentry_555
    tgentry_555 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Tammy. I am also a stay at home mom, but I'm single. Recently divorced. Anyhow, I find it best to set moderate goals. I used to home school and what I would do is we would have exercise time. we all would go to the local park and I would make and obstcal course for my children. It can be something as simple as bringing yarn and attaching it to the swings. have one child pull the swing while the swing is up the others race under it. You can also use the play structure and use a timer to see who can get through it first, of course mom has to compete too. We also did lots of nature walks. We'd collect items from nature and make a collage out of them. If we saw bugs or bird the children were to write a description of what they saw. My younger ones would draw a picture. There is so much fun you can have and they can learn and you can be active. I also cut my meals way down and actually used measuring cups to I could track how much I was eating. After a few weeks of this I didn't need the cups anymore and got used to smaller portions. At first it's very hard. Good Luck and add me as a friend if you like.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm stay at home with 3 kids as well. 5 year old boy (who is thankfully in pre-k during the day) and 2 girls aged 3 and 9months. It is hard but you can do it!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a Mom of 5 ages 7,soon to be 6, 4, 17 months and almost 3 months. I have a hard time giving myself extra time for exercise. I started getting up a little early and doing a quick walk on the treadmil and then would do another work out while they were napping and then another when they went to bed. I admit, it's hard not to finish something of there's when they are done eating. I've learned to measure everything out and I also admit to keeping up my food diary. i will even plan ahead so I know what I'm eating the next day. Feel free to friend me. I also learned that it's OK to forgive myself and get back up on the horse. I know that I can do it and I will with 1 step at a time. :)
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm another homeschooling mom of 3! Wow, didn't know there were so many home school moms on here. We should start a support group : ) It is definitely a challenge to fit it all in, without feeling like something is being neglected.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well.