What point is it noticeable

Options
hello all

I have lost 30kg since May this year and still can't notice any change!

At what point did you look in the mirror and notice any results?

I am feeling so unmotivated this week :(

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Depends on your starting point but it does happen

are your clothes looser, sometimes it's easier to tell by that - also get a measuring tape and see how many inches you've lost?

and 30Kg since May is amazing - well done you! that's double what I've lost in a month less

go you!

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    30kg is huge!!!! well done you that's some achievement. We are the last to notice it also the bigger you are the harder as you would buy clothes elasticated etc and so cant see clothes fitting, my advice is to take regular pictures of face and body I guarantee there will be some change after that loss. if you don't already try fitted trousers or skirts on and then each month try them on you will be amazed. Im sure those around you have noticed.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome loss, congratulations. Everyone is different as to when it becomes noticeable, so just keep doing what you're doing. Your ticker says 0 lost-??
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    before clothes not feeling looser?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Take a current picture and compare against old ones. Unfortunately, even when people lose weight, psychologically people still see the old them.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    when you notice it
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It took me about 30-40lbs to see a difference and that's just because some pieces of clothing felt looser. It is different for everybody though.

As some people have suggested take pictures and measure yourself. Seeing those results can make a huge difference for self motivation, especially if you don't see a difference in the mirror.
  • fatnutjob
    fatnutjob Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You might not notice any change, but those around you will. You're used to your body - you see it every day. Change will be unnoticeable to you until something happens, like you put on a pair of your old pants and realise how much looser they are now.

I recently went from 144lbs to 130lbs and haven't noticed any change at all. Only those who are incredibly obsessive about my weightloss (mostly cousins/aunts who fail to lose weight and almost envy me for my weightloss) pick out on it.

It'll take time, but if the scale's showing that you're losing then don't worry so much. Take your measurements with a measuring tape if it helps. I weigh myself on a scale every day and take my measurements once a week just because I like to know that something is happening to my body.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    That's an awesome loss, congratulations. Everyone is different as to when it becomes noticeable, so just keep doing what you're doing. Your ticker says 0 lost-??
    Why was this flagged under abuse?!?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Take a current picture and compare against old ones. Unfortunately, even when people lose weight, psychologically people still see the old them.

This. Even now, I still see the "old" me in the mirror sometimes. And I lost the majority of my weight almost 2 years ago. Photos (current vs. old) are the best way to see the changes.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I am short and think every half stone (7lbd) makes a difference so 30 kg seems loads. Take a recent photo and compare to older ones and you will see a difference whereas just looking in the mirror you may not as your image is changing over time.
  • sunship
    sunship Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    do before and after pictures -- esp of your face -- you'll see -- :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Why was this flagged under abuse?!?
    Probably someone who hates her goes around and flags all her posts. It's the In Thing now.

OT: Compare photos of you now to you last year or a few years ago.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »

This. Even now, I still see the "old" me in the mirror sometimes. And I lost the majority of my weight almost 2 years ago. Photos (current vs. old) are the best way to see the changes.

Ironic, isn't it? I had the opposite issue. I kept seeing my smaller self despite not being able to fit my clothes and reduced stamina. Like many people, I looked at a picture of myself while I was on vacation and it was horrific. I wondered if something was wrong with the camera! Finally, months later, I got on the scale for the first time in 2 years and it told me what I was denying. I was obese. Scary. I will always weigh myself and be mindful of how my clothes fit from now on. I have 70+ lbs to lose to get to my ultimate physique (even better than before!) and I hope I never forget how hard this is and how I felt/feel being obese.

OP, 30kg is amazing. It will be helpful if we know your stats (SW, CW, etc.). Hard to imagine 30kg is not noticeable, though. Just a thought: Are you doing strength training? I think it really helps in sculpting your body (among many other benefits). It might be the tool you need to start noticing the changes. Congrats and continued success.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

Make sure you take before and after pictures, measurements, BMI, etc. and also list out things you can do now that you couldn't do before. There are other things to measure than just weight. The mirror can be deceiving and as someone else said it is hard to notice a change when you see yourself in the mirror every day. I get compliments all the time but don't notice much difference in the mirror. But I know changes are happening because my weight and measurements are going down. I barely lose in my thighs and hips though so it is a bit hard to know I've barely gone down 2 pant sizes after losing 35 pounds. But I just look at all the other awesome stuff that has happened and keep on going!

Keep up the great work :)