Illinois Peeps

Options
1235»

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Geneva - Fox Valley Area. Who needs a gym buddy??
    I am in Elgin... :) But work in Aurora, Geneva and Dekalb.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Carol Stream here.
  • mtneerjk81
    mtneerjk81 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Urbana, IL here. I like to consider myself healthy. Running, basketball, tennis, and basically any other outdoor activity.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm in the burbs of Chicago - about 45 min southwest...near Naperville/Plainfield. I'm a transplant, though, born in Florida :)
  • KeeRae1989
    KeeRae1989 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in South Central Illinois right between Salem and Centralia. I actually live in the township of a "village," about 45 minutes south of Effingham! Anyone near there- Feel free to add me! Anyone at all-Feel free! Nice to see so many Illinoisans on here!
  • SmileyJonM
    SmileyJonM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Geneva - Fox Valley Area. Who needs a gym buddy??

I drove up there two Saturdays ago (as alternative to Starved Rock) for my weekend hiking. I went there on a whim and found a place called Oakhurst Forest Preserve. Very cool place. But while on the trails I spotted an old rusted out semi tanker. It has been there for long time because trees have grown up around it.
  • SmileyJonM
    SmileyJonM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    tmrhjb0q24f6.jpg
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    SmileyJonM wrote: »
    tmrhjb0q24f6.jpg

Thats cool! Maybe on a less frigid day off work I'll take my dog there and explore
  • RaceB
    RaceB Posts: 18
    Options
    Love that pup!
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    RaceB wrote: »
    Love that pup!

Thank you! Found him on the side of the road - it was meant to be lol
  • RaceB
    RaceB Posts: 18
    Options
    That is AWESOME of you. He looks like a mellow dog (though looks can be deceiving I know). I've become obsessed with Huskies. Had always planned on getting a mutt, but getting a bit loopy over the Husky idea. Haven't pulled the trigger. Big time commitment and they don't like to be left alone...and they shed like nuts. But super clean dogs and love the snow. OK...I'm totally hijacking this thread (not even from IL!!). Sorry all!
  • Bskitt
    Bskitt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    West Burbs, Aurora/Naperville. Just starting out....long way to go.