Options
2»

Replies

• Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    teecee60 wrote: »
    Ezekial breads are really good.

Added bonus: It's kept in the freezer so I never throw any out.

j97e6fabwpbz.jpg

• Ibyzr
    Ibyzr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use romaine as bread for my sammies. ;)
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I use Arnold's Sandwich Thins. 100 calories each and they even taste pretty good (you use one per sandwich)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Martin's potato bread, but if I was looking for lower calorie/high fiber, I'd go with Nature's Own Lite Honey Wheat. 80 calories in 2 slices and 5g fiber. Ezekiel is great, just not low calorie.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    dempsters pumpernickel bread.

2 slices (53g): 130c, 4p, 26c, 2f
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    my nutritionist says rye and pumpernickel are better breads than white or whole wheat. the grains process different supposedly.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I love Dutch crunch bread for sandwiches. Food stays put in between the breads... with other breads, the food just slides out. Mmmm.... sandwich. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I buy the smaller loaves, but not the light ones... can't stand the light ones, not even worth eating bread at that point for me. The small loaves are 60-65 calories a slice but at least I feel like I'm eating bread, not air, lol.

And I always buy whole grains pretty much.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Natures own 40 calorie wheat bread!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like healthy life high fiber 100% whole wheat whole grain. I have found it at both Kroger and walmart. It's only 35 calories a slice and I try to stick to open faced sandwiches as much as possible.

I like this bread also taste wise. It doesn't work to good making grilled cheese samwich, the bread seems to melt with the cheese also.

And Flatout flatbread is pretty tastie to me also, works great for wraps , tacos and I use it for a real thin pizza crust.