Rants

Options

Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Right now. Anti hunters. Q 13 posted an article about hunter being airlifted out after a bear attack. Everyone is commenting saying good, karma, good job and all that. Freaking A people those are people. They are someone's husband, wife, brother, sister, aunt, uncle. They are someone who matters to someone. They say hunters are monsters yet evidence shows otherwise.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I went to a bonfire and fireworks display sunday night and got there early to get a good spot. Some others had the same idea, and the space next to me was occupied for about an hour by a nice couple. Then five minutes before the start these two bratty kids push to the front, right in front of the couple, and immediately start complaining to their grandmother that they were bored! They did this before the bonfire was lit, before the fireworks went off, and at EVERY. SINGLE. PAUSE. BETWEEN. FIREWORKS. Groan. If they were so bored they should have just asked to go home.
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People who drive 5 mph BELOW the speed limit but just simply MUST be in the left lane......especially when they see a speeding vehicle coming up behind them. IMO it should be totally legal to wipe these fools off the face of the earth! I know what you are thinking.....why do you need to drive so fast? Well to that I say, because i want to. I'm not asking the other drivers to speed up or slow down. All I am asking is that they get the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF out of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :#:#>:):#:#
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Why is my toddler so obsessed with doing things that either involve possibly killing herself or breaking horribly expensive things? If she's not trying to jump from the back of the sofa onto the windowsill she is trying to jump up and down on my laptop or using my iphone to batter the screen. She is such a witch.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Got something to rant about? Put it here.

This morning's rant is people who don't know how to use turning lanes. It's not rocket science.

Oh gosh, there is nothing more demoralizing than driving.

The other day I was so pissed because it was dusk, it was raining hard, and someone had pulled over onto the side of the highway and was standing on the drivers side, practically on the white line. And I was in the right lane, and wanted to get out of the way, and this *kitten* driver in the left lane literally speeds up at the last second instead of letting me change lanes, and drives alongside me for the 10 seconds or so it took to pass the pulled over car, forcing me to slam on my brakes, but I still couldn't get around them in time to change lanes safely, without risking hydroplaning. I nearly hit the guy in the road who quickly got to the other side of his car.

I mean, it's one thing when inconsiderate drivers are irritating, but when their obliviousness is to the point of endangering people (let alone people endangering themselves by hanging out practically in the road), it really makes me blow a gasket (pun intended). I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. And I wanted so bad the be able to yell at that driver for almost making me hit someone.
  • Basilin
    edited November 2014
    Options
    People who drive 5 mph BELOW the speed limit but just simply MUST be in the left lane......especially when they see a speeding vehicle coming up behind them. IMO it should be totally legal to wipe these fools off the face of the earth! I know what you are thinking.....why do you need to drive so fast? Well to that I say, because i want to. I'm not asking the other drivers to speed up or slow down. All I am asking is that they get the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF out of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :#:#>:):#:#

To play devil's advocate(get it?), if you are going well over the speed limit and riding someone's butt, you should slow down. Speed limit signs are their for a reason along with slow lanes.

See, now the part that really gets me is these same slow left lane drivers that have a trail of people behind them that can't pass because of too many right lane drivers, will then get over into the right lane after traffic clears and go 15 mph OVER the speed limit in the right lane.

mbcaldwell123, once I was watching a slow left lane driver going 5 mph under when a cop was trying to pass, and he got pulled over. It was sweet revenge.

• toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    After I discovered the affair, I offered counseling-she chose divorce. Immediately I was restrained from my home, without cause, while I still was making the payments. During that time, she and her new boyfriend took everything that wasn't nailed down. Then, with the divorce finalized, she began meddling in my relationship with my kids, denying visitation, alleging all sorts of distasteful things without provocation. Fast forward 12 years, and I no longer see my kids, but I pay dearly for the right to be their estranged father. She spends the child support on clothes and cars, while her new man makes more than I do. She, of course, is unemployed since 1987, and has no income. That is the only thing the courts are interested in, HER income. I've tried fighting all of this, any usually it ends up with me paying her costs and fees, because she has no income, and the child suport goes up almost every time. Lose, Lose. If I could offer any advice, it would be to identify early on that she is one of these: never wrong, always knows best, narcissistic, etc. Then, get as far away as possible. It's hard, but eventually, you are able to move on and get over it without acting on your anger and indignation. They are out there, guys, so be on the lookout when things begin to go horribly wrong in your relationship. And make your divorce attorney address this behavior in the original documents, not after it is already happening, because by then it will be far too late.

Sorry about that - it happens a lot and it's wrong. and I know there are 3 sides to every story but that system is broken and needs to be fixed.
  • Basilin
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    People talking or texting on their phone while driving. On the highway. At 80 km/hour. Not only is it illegal here, it's incredibly stupid.

I was cut off by a driver while we were being directed single-file by a traffic attendant past an accident. He motioned me to go, then suddenly this woman peels out from behind me, swerves around him and gets in front, forcing me to hit the brakes in order not to hit her. The kicker was she was holding a phone to her ear the entire time. And she was still on the phone when I passed her on the highway later.

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My stepson's mom let the 7 year old watch a Rated R movie. The movie was Faster. I'm still aggravated about it.
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Terrible drivers and people who think they are better than others. /Rant over/
  • mbcaldwell123
    Options

To play devil's advocate(get it?), if you are going well over the speed limit and riding someone's butt, you should slow down. Speed limit signs are their for a reason along with slow lanes.

I only do that if they pull over in front of me. I'd seriously like to RAM THEM OFF THE ROAD but I'm told that is a bad idea.
  • mbcaldwell123
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »
    People talking or texting on their phone while driving. On the highway. At 80 km/hour. Not only is it illegal here, it's incredibly stupid.

I was cut off by a driver while we were being directed single-file by a traffic attendant past an accident. He motioned me to go, then suddenly this woman peels out from behind me, swerves around him and gets in front, forcing me to hit the brakes in order not to hit her. The kicker was she was holding a phone to her ear the entire time. And she was still on the phone when I passed her on the highway later.

Should TOTALLY be legal to dispense with these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!
  • mbcaldwell123
    Options

See, now the part that really gets me is these same slow left lane drivers that have a trail of people behind them that can't pass because of too many right lane drivers, will then get over into the right lane after traffic clears and go 15 mph OVER the speed limit in the right lane.

mbcaldwell123, once I was watching a slow left lane driver going 5 mph under when a cop was trying to pass, and he got pulled over. It was sweet revenge.

My Brother-In-Law is a State Trooper and I made him SWEAR to me that he would pull over slow drivers impeding the flow of traffic!!!! He swears he does but oh how I would LOVE to witness such a thing. Every morning we have digital signs that say to drive friendly and maintain a safe following distance. Just ONCE it would do my heart good to see the sign say "Look in your rear view mirror. Now get the F out of the way B!!!!!!!"

Just saying.......
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I hate posts about rants
  • mbcaldwell123
    Options
    Got something to rant about? Put it here.

This morning's rant is people who don't know how to use turning lanes. It's not rocket science.

Oh gosh, there is nothing more demoralizing than driving.

The other day I was so pissed because it was dusk, it was raining hard, and someone had pulled over onto the side of the highway and was standing on the drivers side, practically on the white line. And I was in the right lane, and wanted to get out of the way, and this *kitten* driver in the left lane literally speeds up at the last second instead of letting me change lanes, and drives alongside me for the 10 seconds or so it took to pass the pulled over car, forcing me to slam on my brakes, but I still couldn't get around them in time to change lanes safely, without risking hydroplaning. I nearly hit the guy in the road who quickly got to the other side of his car.

I mean, it's one thing when inconsiderate drivers are irritating, but when their obliviousness is to the point of endangering people (let alone people endangering themselves by hanging out practically in the road), it really makes me blow a gasket (pun intended). I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. And I wanted so bad the be able to yell at that driver for almost making me hit someone.

I think the bigger question here is Why on earth was the idiot standing in the road? Natural selection / survival of the fittest missed on that one for sure!
  • mbcaldwell123
    Options
    There's a lot of driving ones. The other one that gets me, I may be in the minority here, is merge lanes. There could be a line of cars in the merge lane. Then some douche hammers down at 90 mph until the last second in the other lane and cuts in front of you.

Not if you pull over in front of them first.........
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options

The other day on my way to work, I passed a van driven by one of our vendors (I recognized the logo on the van). As I drove past I realized it was the owner of the vendor company, gabbing away on his cellphone while driving on the highway. When I got into the office I sent him an email saying "tsk tsk. Being on your cellphone is illegal. Especially bad when you're behind the wheel of a company vehicle". He responded "thanks for the reminder". I suspect the next time he comes to my office it will be a bit awkward :smile:

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    toolzz wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    After I discovered the affair, I offered counseling-she chose divorce. Immediately I was restrained from my home, without cause, while I still was making the payments. During that time, she and her new boyfriend took everything that wasn't nailed down. Then, with the divorce finalized, she began meddling in my relationship with my kids, denying visitation, alleging all sorts of distasteful things without provocation. Fast forward 12 years, and I no longer see my kids, but I pay dearly for the right to be their estranged father. She spends the child support on clothes and cars, while her new man makes more than I do. She, of course, is unemployed since 1987, and has no income. That is the only thing the courts are interested in, HER income. I've tried fighting all of this, any usually it ends up with me paying her costs and fees, because she has no income, and the child suport goes up almost every time. Lose, Lose. If I could offer any advice, it would be to identify early on that she is one of these: never wrong, always knows best, narcissistic, etc. Then, get as far away as possible. It's hard, but eventually, you are able to move on and get over it without acting on your anger and indignation. They are out there, guys, so be on the lookout when things begin to go horribly wrong in your relationship. And make your divorce attorney address this behavior in the original documents, not after it is already happening, because by then it will be far too late.

Sorry about that - it happens a lot and it's wrong. and I know there are 3 sides to every story but that system is broken and needs to be fixed.
    Absolutely this. I've seen such good people go through the bullshiz.