Favorite breakfast smoothie

Options
jamie_lee80
jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
hello- I am looking for a change from my normal breakfast and want to incoorporate some smoothies. My breakfast has to be portable and I've been slacking on my fruits and veggies so I'm thinking that this will be a good choice for me! Can you please share your favorite smoothie recipe, i'm particularly looking for one that will keep me full until lunch time. Thanks!

Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bump

Me too
  • _j0sie_
    _j0sie_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One or two cups of chocolate or vanilla light soy milk(regular is fine, too, but I like the taste of light better) and one carton of strawberries. Blend and enjoy. Blueberries work, too. Basically any fruit will do. I'm not a fan of veggie smoothies, just because they don't taste as good to me, but I figure you could sneak some spinach in there and never know the difference. Hope that helped.
  • grammsb1
    grammsb1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond milk, 2 scoops whey powder,1 cup frozen blueberries, or strawberries, hand full of fresh organic spinach, 1 tsp of chi seeds
  • Chrissy_1516
    Chrissy_1516 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My smoothies generally consist of spinach (about a cup), whatever fruit I have around (today it was half a cup of strawberries), some avocado (to make it creamy) and I use either coconut water or almond milk. I don't use exact recipes, I play around with whatever I have but they generally turn out pretty well and the avocado makes it pretty filling.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 TBSP Regular Metimucil
    1 TBSP Ground Flax
    1 Scoop of Body Fortress Cookies & Cream Protein Whey (have to order form Walmart.com)
    1 oz each: frozen banana, strawberries, blueberries

Whiz together everything but fruit to blend dry ingredients first; then add frozen fruit and whiz till smooth.

TIP: Get a personal blender that is small and easy to clean. I've been using the same Hamilton Beach Personal Blender every morning for the past 2 1/2 years:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-Red/16553374?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_top&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=EWZxsPMF7sjavMktp0-5uU&category=&client_guid=a2c0a36f-b917-46fb-8db6-d780b3b236b4&customer_id_enc=f20f8746-bf2b-5d70-e044-001517f43a86&config_id=2&parent_item_id=14320915&guid=b6e499f8-3840-4e9d-ae15-65020f45f959&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.0&findingMethod=p13n
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    If I want a green smoothie, I make the "Glowing Green Smoothie" (just google it), but add some extra veggies (more spinach, parsley, celery). Sometimes I add a scoop of plain, veggie based protein powder to that if it's my whole breakfast.

When I want a creamy smoothie, I make the following:
    2/3 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
    a couple large handfulls of raw spinach or raw beet greens
    2/3 cup frozen tart cherries (if you have a Costco near you, they sell these in big bags and they are great!)
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder of choice (I like VegaOne)
    (plus ice as needed)

When you blend, it turns brown because of the greens and red cherries. So, it kinda looks like a chocolate smoothie, but it's cherry vanilla instead. And it's super filling with all that protein and fiber.

• jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! These are all ideas that I wouldn't have thought of!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    This isn't a very fruit or veggie friendly smoothie but I love being able to drink my coffee in a smoothie.

1 cup coffee ( I french press the night before and refridgerate it over night)
    .5 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 large sliced, frozen banana
    1-2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
    1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

I'm going to try adding some protein powder and see how I like it but as it is it's so tasty!