Will alternating exercises be more effective?

Options
So I had started jogging everyday with my friend and because of my slight knee problems it hurt my knees and I couldn't workout let alone walk without pain for about 2 weeks. I am now getting back into the habit of working out again. I was thinking 30 minutes of bicycle, 45 minutes of incline walking, and then about 10 minutes of jogging. I would do this on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays because I have yoga on Mondays and Wednesdays. I will have Saturday and Sunday as small workouts like squats, lunges, and so on. Does this sound like a good plan? I wanna lose about 20 pounds. Think it's possible to do in a month with this routine and a healthy diet? I am at 160 and 5'6. I've gained 10 pounds since I've been in college and don't like it at all. By the way I can't eat as healthy as I would like to considering that I either have to eat frozen meals or school food. So when I say healthy I mean no fast food.

Replies

• apeyboo
    apeyboo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to cook my own meals. Unfortunately I can't because I live on college campus. Any other healthy options?
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    apeyboo wrote: »
    I would love to cook my own meals. Unfortunately I can't because I live on college campus. Any other healthy options?

One option that might help you is the book "A Man, A Can, A Microwave". I don't know what you exact situation is, but it only requires a microwave and some prep space.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You wont lose 20 lbs in a month. Youll be lucky to lose 10. It takes time to gain, and it takes time to lose. If you cant make your own food i recommend going on pinterest and finding healthy dorm room recipes. Find what fits into your calories and macros and make that.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    have you tried barefoot running shoes and running on the pads of your feet instead of crashing down on your heels? When I made the switch, all my knee and hip problems from running disappeared.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Running shoes from a good running store will definitely help. Make sure the people who serve you know how to fit shoes properly. Don't know how far you live from home, but cook and freeze a weeks worth of meals (use a Saturday and cook like mad!) and then store that if possible (Not sure about the size of your refrigerator). Also, there are lots of good alternatives like hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, good fruits and nuts and other snacks that are appropriate. I love the microwave idea, as you can whip up some super-healthy things in a Mic. Also, look for a 1-2 lb per week loss range. Much more realistic, and you won't be nearly so hungry.
    On the other hand, losing 10 pounds might be realistic in your first month since you'll see some water weight loss as well. Good luck.
  • teresarosie7
    Options
    Hello everyone trying to loose at least 30 pounds i 'm doing aerobics and walking and dancing going to do a little biking been working out at lease a hour at something a day I know it's going to take sometimes ...