confused!

Options
So I have gained over 2kg since september now and measured this morning but all my measurements are the same... What does that mean

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You may have been a bit off with your measurements 2 months ago and scales can always be a bit off by a bit. 2kg is not significant by any means.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mfp2014mfp wrote: »
    You may have been a bit off with your measurements 2 months ago and scales can always be a bit off by a bit. 2kg is not significant by any means.

alll of this. do you take pictures for comparrison?
  • jamandlettuce
    Options
    Really? That's like 5lbs...that's a huge deal to me lol.
    I took a picture back in September but I don't feel I look any different.
    Worried I'm not doing/eating enough? Really don't want to waste this bulk so any advice appreciated
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Really? That's like 5lbs...that's a huge deal to me lol.
    I took a picture back in September but I don't feel I look any different.
    Worried I'm not doing/eating enough? Really don't want to waste this bulk so any advice appreciated

is your strength increasing?

5lb could be glycogen replacement if you were eating at a deficit before september?
  • a2015grad
    a2015grad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    maybe it is just muscle
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    a2015grad wrote: »
    maybe it is just muscle

that'd be great, but women cannot put on 5lb of muscle in 2 months!
  • jamandlettuce
    Options
    Yes, I did eat at a defecit before September....i was low carb to.
    So do I keep going or do I change something.
    I am getting stronger, though I'm not very strong.
    Just don't want to end up fat either
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Yes, I did eat at a defecit before September....i was low carb to.
    So do I keep going or do I change something.
    I am getting stronger, though I'm not very strong.
    Just don't want to end up fat either

keep going... you only want to be gaining 0.5lb per week so you're about right so far.
  • jamandlettuce
    Options
    Thanks
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    My measurements didn't change appreciably for the first 5 pounds or so either. People don't really talk a lot about this, but when you gain and lift, you also increase your bone density and build other body tissue (ligaments/tendons/etc.). Keep going and be patient.
  • jamandlettuce
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    My measurements didn't change appreciably for the first 5 pounds or so either. People don't really talk a lot about this, but when you gain and lift, you also increase your bone density and build other body tissue (ligaments/tendons/etc.). Keep going and be patient.

Thanks, that's very helpful! Am gonna change my workout this week and try to meet my macros better- hopefully start seeing bigger strength gains
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It could also be water. I always put on about 5 lbs of water right before you know what time of the month.
  • jamandlettuce
    Options
    Veil5577 wrote: »
    It could also be water. I always put on about 5 lbs of water right before you know what time of the month.
    Veil5577 wrote: »

Possibly, though I'm on Deppo so don't have lady troubles, but may develope the water gain without realising...thanks, will def bare that in mind x