[new person who never uses forums and has no idea what she's doing]

Options
Hi!
I just joined this sight at the beginning of this week. I'm trying to get in shape for personal and health reasons. I am already sort-of the more athletic of my friends (I work out at least 4 days a week and I run/walk everywhere) but I want to do better than I'm doing now.
I've been doing this on my own for years, but I wonder if being part of a community might help me?

Replies

• mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Of course! And welcome to MFP! Get a good group of friends that are encouraging, log everyday, and helpful with questions and you are good to go!
  • BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome the MFP party! It is a great tool! You can do this!
  • forwesst
    Options
    Thank you both so much! I convinced my mom to join, and hopefully I can find some more friends to help me stay motivated. Also, I realize I misspelled "site" in my first post. Way to make a first impression. :# I plan to log every day. That's the main reason I came on here. I needed to actually see how much I was eating v. burning.
  • Crazyveganlady
    Crazyveganlady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new too and I joined to be able to see where I was going wrong and to have support from others.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    None of us know what we're doing on these forums. We're all basically monkeys flinging poo around here. Welcome, nonetheless, and good luck!
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    If you would like to add me feel free. I will warn you, I'm super upbeat and I'm very very pun of a person! get it fun, pun, ahhh never mind that juan wasn't good anyway :smile:
  • forwesst
    Options
    [quote="that juan wasn't good anyway :smile: [/quote] But that one was! Thank you for the invite. I'll add you. :smiley: