Starting Again #ExpertsMFP hellpppppp

Options
I am starting all over I was doing good in july with my weight but then my blender broke and I went to down hill spiral, Today I am starting today even though it is werid to start on a thursday but last night I was fed up with my ways. I just need a little boost and encouragement to kick start it. Is it ok to back slide on my first diet???

Replies

• karenefwalsh
    karenefwalsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We all do it - don't beat yourself up about it. This is my 3rd or 4th time around with MFP, as I've fallen off the wagon more than once. It doesn't matter what day you start - be proud of yourself for starting!!!! Good luck, we can do this!
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It happens! You just need a plan and a great support group around you to keep you motivated. Happy to help. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    We all do it - don't beat yourself up about it. This is my 3rd or 4th time around with MFP, as I've fallen off the wagon more than once. It doesn't matter what day you start - be proud of yourself for starting!!!! Good luck, we can do this!

Thanks so much that is good to hear :)
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    ankdworak wrote: »
    It happens! You just need a plan and a great support group around you to keep you motivated. Happy to help. Feel free to add me. ankdworak

Thank you I will add you now :)
  • check1972
    check1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not only is backsliding OK, it is expected to a certain extent. None of us are perfect. Don't worry about yesterday... you can't change it. Just make good choices today.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it happens to everyone now and then! Just pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Good luck to you! :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Choose a reasonable rate of loss, do not restrict any certain food groups or go on a "crash" diet that requires special foods. Eat regular foods in the proper amounts. This will enable you to go for the long haul, meet your goal and not gain it back again.
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    check1972 wrote: »
    Not only is backsliding OK, it is expected to a certain extent. None of us are perfect. Don't worry about yesterday... you can't change it. Just make good choices today.

Thanks I really thank you for taking the time to reply
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    Don't worry, it happens to everyone now and then! Just pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Good luck to you! :)

I will pick up the fat and keep it going lol
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Choose a reasonable rate of loss, do not restrict any certain food groups or go on a "crash" diet that requires special foods. Eat regular foods in the proper amounts. This will enable you to go for the long haul, meet your goal and not gain it back again.

I just dont know what is ok and what is not
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

It's not so much *what* you eat as it is *how much*. Some people here will say you have to eat "clean" to lose weight. Others say you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie goals (this is what I believe, unless you have some health issue that requires you to avoid certain types of foods). Obviously, you can eat a lot more volume of "healthy" foods than "junk" food. Fruits and veggies are a lot lower calorie than cakes, cookies, chips, etc. Make sure you get a balance of protein, fats & carbs. You don't have to eat diet food and low fat food. Just count your calories of what you do eat. Eventually you will find out what things just aren't worth the calories, and substitute with other things that will keep you satisfied and fit in your calorie goal. For example, I still go to fast food places, but I choose things that fit in my goal. I rarely get fries any more or cola. Those are just extra calories that aren't worth it to me. But I do eat ice cream several times a week because I like it, and I make it fit in my day by skipping the french fries.
  • Robinson1258
    Options

It's not so much *what* you eat as it is *how much*. Some people here will say you have to eat "clean" to lose weight. Others say you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie goals (this is what I believe, unless you have some health issue that requires you to avoid certain types of foods). Obviously, you can eat a lot more volume of "healthy" foods than "junk" food. Fruits and veggies are a lot lower calorie than cakes, cookies, chips, etc. Make sure you get a balance of protein, fats & carbs. You don't have to eat diet food and low fat food. Just count your calories of what you do eat. Eventually you will find out what things just aren't worth the calories, and substitute with other things that will keep you satisfied and fit in your calorie goal. For example, I still go to fast food places, but I choose things that fit in my goal. I rarely get fries any more or cola. Those are just extra calories that aren't worth it to me. But I do eat ice cream several times a week because I like it, and I make it fit in my day by skipping the french fries.

OK I now understand but it is so hard because i feel guilty when I do :(
  • Kerv14
    Options
    Today I also restarted my fitness goals :heart: . I tried it last year and went about a good two weeks before completely forgetting about the app. Today I am a more aware person and i'm 100% ready to get in shape. I figured i'm only 22 years old, yet can't wear a bikini smh. I plan to go to Vegas in about five weeks and want to feel and look a lot better. Thursday IS a weird day to start, but there's no time like the present. I wish you the best on your rekindled journey and remember, you don't have to be the best... just better than you were yesterday.

-Kerv
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    Today I also restarted my fitness goals :heart: . I tried it last year and went about a good two weeks before completely forgetting about the app. Today I am a more aware person and i'm 100% ready to get in shape. I figured i'm only 22 years old, yet can't wear a bikini smh. I plan to go to Vegas in about five weeks and want to feel and look a lot better. Thursday IS a weird day to start, but there's no time like the present. I wish you the best on your rekindled journey and remember, you don't have to be the best... just better than you were yesterday.

-Kerv

Thank you Kerv that is really nice to say I am alsoi trying today I wish you the best of luck you to will do a awsome job good luck.

Jaii :wink:
  • MedinaR66
    Options
    I just started again after being gone about a year. We can be buddies if you like.