New here.

Options
Hi all! I'm new here, but not new to losing weight. I've struggled with weight my whole life. Never losing more than 20 lbs here and there. Then at 20 years old, I decided this was it. It was time. It took me 3 years but I lost 100 lbs, and was exercising a lot. I was fit, healthy, and happy. I maintained for a few years. Then I went through a life change, broke up with a long time boyfriend, and met someone new. My routine went TOTALLY out the window, and slowly, but surely the weight started to creep back up.
Fast forward to now, I'm 28, mom to a 17 month old daughter (gained most back during my pregnancy), and married to a wonderful man. Yet, I am still here, struggling with this thing that I just can't seem to conquer once and for all. I have not gained all 100lbs back, but 40 more pounds, and I'll be back up there.
Somehow, this time around it is SO much harder to get there. Not only because I have a child now, but because it's such a let down to be here again, in this position. I'm trying to stay positive, but it breaks my heart that I let myself down. I swore I'd never be overweight again...
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I do best with support, so I wanted to put that out there :)

Hope that this is my last and final time that I deal with this, and I hope to stick with my new habits once and for all.

Lexi

Replies

• smgapv
    smgapv Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do this, I am starting the second leg of my weight loss journey and feel that this second part is going to be much harder than the first. You can do this...
  • fridaysgal
    Options
    Hi Lexy...your story struck a chord with me as it sounds similar to my own. Over five years ago I started a regular exercise program and eating sensibly and managed to lose quite a bit of weight. I was so motivated and faithful to my goals and I was so proud and swore I'd never get back up there again. Then, I fell in love long distance, and there was a lot of traveling and catching meals on the run and little time for that exercise program. The pounds crept back slowly and I either didn't notice or chose not to notice at first. All of a sudden (over the course of a year and a half, but it seemed sudden), I had gained back everything I lost plus at least 30 lb extra!! My husband is SO supportive and loves me no matter what, but it is very hard to feel positive when you don't feel good.

I am giving it another go...this time realizing that it is a life change, not a temporary change. Don't get discouraged-YOU DID IT ONCE AND YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!

Best of luck!
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi there! Glad you made your way to this site. Hopefully you will find the tools and encouragement you need to make some great life changes!
  • Felicia71
    Felicia71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too! I know how you feel. 2 yrs ago I lost 45 pds, looked and felt great! Flashed forward to today & I've managed to gain it all back. I very disappointed in myself for letting it happened. I remember how hard I worked to take the weight off. Well, I'm determined to do it again, & I know you will to. We did it before, we can do i again! Good Luck!