Shots in the stomach for weight loss?

Options
Someone I know is going to mexico for some sort of shots in her stomach to help her lose weight and she has dropped a TON of weight. She is very secretive and won't tell us what it is. Does anyone have any idea what these shots could be???

Replies

• ericapledger
    ericapledger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tape worm? LOL
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    Tape worm? LOL
    LOL hahahaha!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Is she eating? It might be HcG ... probably way cheaper in Mexico lol
  • janb23
    janb23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Gastric band fill? A lot of people seem to go to mexico for that. But if she wants to keep what ever it is a secret you should respect that.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tape worm that is so funny, I work with a girl who watched an episode of that Williams girls talk show & she was talking about a tape worm. Linda keeps threatening about getting one so she can get skinny, I really don't think its that funny when it comes down to it but to think that somebody would use it as way of losing weight I can sort of believe it because some people are desperate.
  • tcsteeves
    tcsteeves Posts: 59
    Options
    Could be Mezotherapy.

The mezotherapy has been used in medicine for decades. It consists in injecting of small amounts of medical substances directly into the skin tissue. This guarantees immediate and visible effects. The most often used „coctails” contain: ribonucleic acids, aminoacids, vitamins and minerals, as well as other active substances that are always matched individually.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Hahaha.. holy jeez... whatever it is, I sure don't want it. MFP won't kill me. Mystery treatments from Mexico might.
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Probably HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin).
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....the title made me imagine someone taking shots to the stomach (punches) to avoid bad food...lololololol
  • smileybsa83
    Options
    Hahaha.. holy jeez... whatever it is, I sure don't want it. MFP won't kill me. Mystery treatments from Mexico might.

LOL. I thought this same thing...whatever it is, I don't wan't it!

I also thought maybe something that's not approved for use here. Or it's "cheaper" there...and by cheaper, I mean not what it's supposed to be and therefore dangerous. No thanks.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options

bahahaha OMG So funny and SOOO right!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Tape worm? LOL

Hahaha!

That sounds super sketchy imo. And I find it hard to believe that it won't be without side effects!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....the title made me imagine someone taking shots to the stomach (punches) to avoid bad food...lololololol

Hahahaha me too! I was like OUCH DAMN thats hardcore!

And seriously-sounds way sketchy. How about just dieting and exercise? I mean whatever you have to inject into your body to lose weight sounds pretty dangerous to me, especially if its a tape worm. :)
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow that is crazy! She went all the way to Mexico??? I am like whoa! LOL

but I have heard of HCG injections, B-12 injections, amino acid injections and lipotropic injections....
  • Zakth
    Zakth Posts: 37
    Options
    Quick weight loss is not a good thing. It often results in sagging skin which is unsightly.
  • Anything4Beauty
    Options
    Yes I know what you are talking about. We had a friend whose husband was a pharmascist in Juarez Mexico and they sold us these mystery shots, we called them "stuff". It was one shot a week and some pills, yellow and blue/white. The yellow pills were one a day for 3 days and the other ones were everyday and shots were weekly.
    They got a divorce so now we cant get that anymore. I have tried to figure out what is was and how to get it and I dont think it is hcg as I tried that and it did nothing! I dont think it is lipodisolve as that looks like a lot more shots. The cool thing is it dropped weight with no dieting at all! Help does anyone know what this is or where you can still get it?
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'll pass. Wanna earn my smaller butt the old fashioned, safe way.
  • skyls
    skyls Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I googled weight loss injections mexico and this came up

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Weight-Loss-Alternatives/Amino-acid-weight-loss-injections/show/23398

Apparently it's a mix of injections, diet pills and b12/b6 stuff.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    Yes I know what you are talking about. We had a friend whose husband was a pharmascist in Juarez Mexico and they sold us these mystery shots, we called them "stuff". It was one shot a week and some pills, yellow and blue/white. The yellow pills were one a day for 3 days and the other ones were everyday and shots were weekly.
    They got a divorce so now we cant get that anymore. I have tried to figure out what is was and how to get it and I dont think it is hcg as I tried that and it did nothing! I dont think it is lipodisolve as that looks like a lot more shots. The cool thing is it dropped weight with no dieting at all! Help does anyone know what this is or where you can still get it?

you don't know what it was you were injecting yourself with and swallowing in pills?? man, some people are very trusting :huh: that scares me, i like to be a little better informed.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You just wait for 3-5 years, she will probably get it all back. Im sorry but quick weight loss is very rarely permanent.
    Plus this sounds terribly unhealthy.