Fitbit Not Syncing

Options
I just joined MFP and I was interested in the integration with my Fitbit. I would love to see the calories being burned for my steps but it isn't working. I added my Fitbit using the app but it always just shows "0 fitbit steps" on the home screen box and 0 for Exercise. I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1 and the latest Fitbit and MFP apps. Anyone else having this problem? I'm new so am I missing something here?

Replies

• slrican
    slrican Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What does your fitbit app say for number of steps?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You will only get an adjustment when you burn more than what MFP predicts you will burn.
    Example:
    MFP thinks I burn 1904 calories per day
    Fitbit however thinks I've already burned 1907 and it's only 6:08pm
    Based on that and my activity level here on MFP, the full day projection is 2375.
    So I get a 471 calorie adjustment. This could increase or decrease depending on how active I am for the rest of the day.
    Now, if you enable "negative adjustments" in your MFP diary settings, then Fitbit will also subtract calories if you don't seem to be burning what MFP predicts.

As for the MFP app showing steps, beats me. I enabling the option once and all it did was cause MFP to crash. I just don't have that option enabled anymore.
  • hhommel
    Options
    I have the fitbit also and it works pretty well with MFP, but it takes a little while to sync and show the steps. I have to sync the fitbit with the fitbit app and then open the MFP app to see the steps and calories displayed there. Sometimes it doesn't display right away so I check back later. There is a sync button in the MFP app also. That usually works. Hope this helps. I find both to be good motivators.