Hello from a US Navy veteran. :)

Options
The nutritionist that I see at the VA (Veterans Affairs) recommend this web site to me, to help me with my fitness goal (losing 50+ pounds). I battle with PTSD, and it makes it difficult to have the motivation to stay on track. I hope this will help me, so that I can do more with my family, and live a longer life.

Candice

Replies

• mskrisr
    Options
    Hi Candice, thank you for serving our Country. I love this site because even if anything it makes you more accountable. Put in the work and eventually you will see results. You can do it! Just start by doing the small things, allow yourself little treats but make sure to log it!
  • clove76
    clove76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Mskrisr. :) I have been looking around the site for about an hour now, and I am seeing so many things that can help me. Thanks for the support! :)
  • gumster55
    Options
    Thanks for serving Candice. You can do this, just never quit! Everyone is here to help you.
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your service to our country!! This site is a motivator. There's a lot of different groups and I am sure there's one geared towards military vets and PTSD.
    As long as you focus on your goal and don't let your setbacks keep you back, you will lose your 50+ pounds. I know Navy (three Navy brother-in-laws) you will get it done!
    Good luck and God Bless!
  • clove76
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! I have tried to use a few sites in the past, and they weren't as helpful.
    Thank you for your service, LiveLaughLove, and for the service of your brother-in-laws, Kime! :)
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service. Having friends on here has helped me a ton. Feel free to add me
  • clove76
    Options
    Thank you, Anguria, and you are welcome. :) I have only been on for a day, and I have met a lot of very helpful people. I am glad I joined.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    We'll support you and help you stay on track. :) you can do it!
  • clove76
    Options
    Thank you, Gothchiq! :D
  • EFMcG
    EFMcG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Army female here, feel free to add.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • ArmyVet92
    ArmyVet92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Candice! My name is Dianne, and I am an Army Veteran that also suffers from PTSD (from MST). I am using this site, and the local YMCA to lose 86 pounds that I need to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • clove76
    Options
    Thank you, EFMcG, shutch2112 and ArmyVet92 ...I would be glad to add you, and thank you for your service. :)