Now what? Continue Bulking or Cut? Thanks

Options
Okay, so after/during football season (and my last post) I've gained another 7lbs most likely muscle since my intake was a surplus of around 2800-3000 every day only healthy food selections and high protein. Your supposed to gain fat along with the muscle you gain so I was wondering if being approximately 170lbs at 6ft (mesomorph/ectomorph body type) is a good place to stop bulking and start cutting, or should I continue with the bulking cycle. Also, Im in wrestling now and this will make cutting relatively easy. This also means Ill have to refigure my calorie intake for bulking and cutting, I could use some help please, and thank you

Replies

• strong_er
    strong_er Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    With the info provided I would not recommend cutting at 170 @ 6'. I'd continue bulking slowly.
  • NagromXIV
    NagromXIV Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thx, what would weight should I aim for with my bodytype before cutting? Also do u know how many calories I should be taking in with wrestling every weekday?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    For starters, it is up to you.

Secondary to that, how would anyone be able to give you any advice without a pic? I've been 77kg at about 20% BF and 77kg at 6% BF.
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Ill get a pick up later, I just ate and drank alot of water, and I have quite noticible water retention right now, Id rather have an accurate pic with minimal water retention
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    chrisdavey wrote: »
    For starters, it is up to you.

Secondary to that, how would anyone be able to give you any advice without a pic? I've been 77kg at about 20% BF and 77kg at 6% BF.
    First pic is flexing 2nd isn't7g2rz9ggospq.jpg
    s23lb9ry4ai7.jpg

• NagromXIV
    Options
    Actually other way around
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    IMO, you need eat all the foods and lift all the weights. If you cut at this point, I am not sure what you would be cutting down to?

But with it being wrestling season for you, I can't imagine you would want to bulk at this time?
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'd personally be bulking if I were you. I'm 6'2" and 210 is my recommended weight...(Im above that right now and currently cutting)
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    12by311 wrote: »
    IMO, you need eat all the foods and lift all the weights. If you cut at this point, I am not sure what you would be cutting down to?

But with it being wrestling season for you, I can't imagine you would want to bulk at this time?
    Yeah I'm kind of at a crossroads not sure what to do
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    I'd personally be bulking if I were you. I'm 6'2" and 210 is my recommended weight...(Im above that right now and currently cutting)
    What should I bulk to? How many calories do u recommend with me in wrestling?