Girl Talk ... Boobs after weight loss

Options
So i have lost ~50 lbs and my boobs look bad. like flat pancakes. just like skin. yuck!

anyone have implants or a breast lift after weight loss?

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a C cup with about a 65lb loss. I have no desire for implants seeing as how I hated having DD to start with, but given my age and the effects of gravity over time combined with recent weightloss, I'm thinking about a lift. Will be interested to hear if others did it.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Here's one of my inspirations who has had surgery for her breasts:

http://imgonnamakeachange.tumblr.com/tagged/surgery

I personally went from an F to a mere C cup. I also have some loose skin but it's not as bad as one would expect. It becomes rather apparent when leaning forward, like on all fours. I might contemplate a lift sometime.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    timpani9 wrote: »
    So i have lost ~50 lbs and my boobs look bad. like flat pancakes. just like skin. yuck!

anyone have implants or a breast lift after weight loss?

Yuck?!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Mine were flat pancakes too but they filled out again once I got my period back and my hormones went back to normal.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    I was originally at 38 F, 40 DDD. Now I am a 36 DDD, 36 E after an 80 pound weight loss, with 60 more to go. If you feel like you need them, get them, but remember a bra can fix anything.
  • timpani9
    Options
    I have gone from a 38C to a 32DDD. But my boobs are just skin. I really feel self conscious and I can't wear bikini tops. I'm 26 and I feel like I need to fix this. I know it may seem silly but it is really upsetting to me.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I thought they'd sagged before I started losing.

Now, they're just depressing. But everything is. I have too much extra skin and flab. It's gross.

I think we have to come to terms with it or have it fixed by surgeons. I'm not big on unnecessary surgery, but I'm kind of hating this skin, so I don't know which way I'm going to go.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty droopy, but they were never big to begin with (currently at a B and I still want to lose another 20lbs). However, I don't think I'd ever consider implants because I like bench pressing (this would require implants on top of the muscle which looks more "fake" in my opinion), I'm cheap, and I'm worried about loss of sensation. I'd rather have droopy boobs that are fun to play with than bigger ones that look good but do nothing for me...
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Losing some boobs really gave me an identity crisis of sorts. I lost boob before belly and I felt out of proportion. I went from a 44 DD to a 40 DD. My husband thought that ment they were the same size, but they aren't. Those 4 inches around mean I also lost 4 inches of boob. After nursing 3 babies and now losing 58 lbs, they are more interested in looking at my feet than looking forward and they're not as full. I can really see it when I compare old bras to new ones. The cups are drastically different. I call my new bras my baby bras. I'm very curious where I'll be at the end of my journey as I have at least 50 lbs to go.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Sigh. Yes, I can relate. I joke with my husband that if I maintain for 2+ years I will get them fixed but I don't know if I will actually do it.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Even before losing weight, I'd thought about having a lift someday. But really, I doubt I will. I'll just wear good bras. My biggest problem right now is finding bras; I need a 34DD, which seems hard to find.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    the more weight you lose,, the more boobs you lose, get a boob job or appreciate wearing those sexy small tops.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    You can also do some strength training for chest. It doesn't change the breast tissue, but makes the supporting muscles underneath firmer, so you might have more "uplift." Also, get professionally fitted for new bras. I just did that and found out that the bra I was wearing was too big in the band, so I dropped down a number, and my new bras fit much better and give more support.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I went from 38C to 34B....they look bloody awful.....and don't even get me started on what they look like when I bend over....like icing bags!!!....thank goodness for push up bras.....I can't afford surgery so that's out....I hate them and I don't like anyone seeing them.....
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'll likely end up getting a lift after we have all our kids. But mine were always super heavy and the weight loss has just compounded upon that.
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Mine are pretty droopy, but they were never big to begin with (currently at a B and I still want to lose another 20lbs). However, I don't think I'd ever consider implants because I like bench pressing (this would require implants on top of the muscle which looks more "fake" in my opinion), I'm cheap, and I'm worried about loss of sensation. I'd rather have droopy boobs that are fun to play with than bigger ones that look good but do nothing for me...

Mine are under the muscle and doesn't effect (affect? I can never get that right) my bench press are all. Dips are funny cause the muscle makes them squish to the side really hard, but I laugh. I also didn't lose sensation. That varies woman to woman, but it does happen. I can see how that would be a deterrent for some. But, I love them and would rather have no sensation with them than the mess they were before. That's just my personal opinion. It's a very personal decision and takes a lot of thought and careful research (and money, to boot!). As women, we should all be proud of our bodies and everything they've been through. But a little nip and tuck never really hurts (figuratively, speaking. It hurts quite literally).
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    ...and don't even get me started on what they look like when I bend over....like icing bags!!!.....
    like socks with quarters in the end is how I describe 'em
    I feel sorry for any men who venture into this thread :wink:
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can relate, also. DD to B cup. But I am 56 been married and had several children so I am just thankful for the weight loss.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Mine are under the muscle and doesn't effect (affect? I can never get that right) my bench press are all. Dips are funny cause the muscle makes them squish to the side really hard, but I laugh. I also didn't lose sensation. That varies woman to woman, but it does happen. I can see how that would be a deterrent for some. But, I love them and would rather have no sensation with them than the mess they were before. That's just my personal opinion. It's a very personal decision and takes a lot of thought and careful research (and money, to boot!). As women, we should all be proud of our bodies and everything they've been through. But a little nip and tuck never really hurts (figuratively, speaking. It hurts quite literally).

Hm, I'd read that doctors recommend against bench pressing after under muscle implants because it increases the risk of rupture.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Went from a 42 H to a 36 D. Pancake city. If all the loose skin was not there I might be about a C. Thank goodness for well made bras! If I ever can save up the money I would like to get it removed and just have a lift done.