First Experience With Alcohol?

Options

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My dad would let us try a sip from his bottle of Bud after a hard days yard work. Kept me turned off of beer until college. We were allowed a little sherry glass of wine for thanksgiving and christmas, for the toast. I drank alot of Riunite Lambrusco from 17 to post college, after also learning to appreciate beer. Along those times, late teens early 20's, I learned all about gin and Tom Collins. I only drank socially, never had a thing at home, until I met my fiancee some 25 years later in my 40's. Thanks to him I now keep beer, whiskey, hard cider, rum, etc around the house. Not sure what that tells ya! lol
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I was a Marine when I had my first beer. About 18. Never did care for beer much. Discovered Whisky and Sake when I was stationed in Okinawa. Much more to my liking. But my first bad experience was with Bloody Marys. They were free at the NCO Club in Okinawa from 11am until Noon. I went there with the sole purpose of slamming as many as possible. I drank 12 before noon and then, so as not to look like a cheapskate, I ordered one more and paid for it. It was 1974, I think they were 75 cents. Needless to say I was messed up by Noon. There were 5 of us.

We grabbed a cab from the NCO club and headed for the PX. I blacked out. When I came to, I was sitting in a Barber's chair at the PX, getting my hair cut. I pushed the Barber away and went looking for my fellow Marines. I staggered through the PX and, eventually, found them.

We grabbed a Taxi to go back to the Barracks. As we were driving, I realized I was going to be sick. My fellow Marines stopped the Taxi, opened the door, pushed me out, and drove off. It was now about 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. They had pushed me out in the middle of Officer's Family Housing at a park, which was filled with kids. I threw up in a Sandbox several times and then attempted to walk several miles, hammered, to the Barracks.

Somehow, I made it back and went straight to the Head. I know had to throw up AND I had the shlts. So, I sat on the toilet, with my head resting on the toilet roll and did both. For about 3 hours; in and out of consciousness.

When I finally, came to. It was about 6pm. I stuck my head under a shower head and rinsed off and then when looking for my buddies. They were all in one Marine's cubicle playing a board game called Risk. They looked up at me and said, "Val, go get cleaned up. We're going out to town for dinner and drinks."

So, I did.

OMG Epic. Haha.

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    New Years when I was ten. Parents gave me a small glass of wine (maybe 1oz) to down at midnight. *kitten* was disgusting, turned me off from alcohol for several years.

.. I never thought about that. Damn my parents are some smart folks.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    21, tom collins followed by ice cream, followed by a sugar rush hangover, not fun
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I was a Marine when I had my first beer. About 18. Never did care for beer much. Discovered Whisky and Sake when I was stationed in Okinawa. Much more to my liking. But my first bad experience was with Bloody Marys. They were free at the NCO Club in Okinawa from 11am until Noon. I went there with the sole purpose of slamming as many as possible. I drank 12 before noon and then, so as not to look like a cheapskate, I ordered one more and paid for it. It was 1974, I think they were 75 cents. Needless to say I was messed up by Noon. There were 5 of us.

We grabbed a cab from the NCO club and headed for the PX. I blacked out. When I came to, I was sitting in a Barber's chair at the PX, getting my hair cut. I pushed the Barber away and went looking for my fellow Marines. I staggered through the PX and, eventually, found them.

We grabbed a Taxi to go back to the Barracks. As we were driving, I realized I was going to be sick. My fellow Marines stopped the Taxi, opened the door, pushed me out, and drove off. It was now about 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. They had pushed me out in the middle of Officer's Family Housing at a park, which was filled with kids. I threw up in a Sandbox several times and then attempted to walk several miles, hammered, to the Barracks.

Somehow, I made it back and went straight to the Head. I know had to throw up AND I had the shlts. So, I sat on the toilet, with my head resting on the toilet roll and did both. For about 3 hours; in and out of consciousness.

When I finally, came to. It was about 6pm. I stuck my head under a shower head and rinsed off and then when looking for my buddies. They were all in one Marine's cubicle playing a board game called Risk. They looked up at me and said, "Val, go get cleaned up. We're going out to town for dinner and drinks."

So, I did.

I feel ya! Didn't get to OKI until 1975 and guess you drank it all up! LOL. We used to make the run from Kadena AB to Tori Station daily. Lots of memories from that time frame.

• tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I was 14 or so. I was playing football with a bunch of friends at a neighbors huge back yard. She was about 60 and had cases of schlitz beer in the garage. We asked if we could some and she said sure. We all had one hot Schlitz beer. We all got a little buzz and went back to playing football. Not a bad experience but that stuff tasted like shyte. Im sure it still does lol.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    I think my first experience was drinking some beers when I was about 16.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    When i was about 6 i asked my mom if i could have the her ice cubes in her empty cup of some fruity drink and she let me. I was a shy child and apparently after eating the cubes i was doing flips running around and everyone was asking what the heck is going on with me lo. When i was 14 or 15 i was allowed to have a cooler with my mom and family at Christmas and half of it made my walk slanted and i was drunk it was like if i were to drink 6 in a row now.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    A shot of whiskey when I was twelve years old during a "dollar dance" at my cousin's wedding. I didn't become a hardcore beer drinker until I was 28.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I was 15...some friends of mine were having a party and had gotten ahold of two mags of cheap vodka. Since I'd never drank, I didn't have that alcohol-gag-reflex so I chugged a ton of it straight, plus some mixed with mountain dew. I survived the night but didn't sleep at all (another friend had puked himself silly and we were worried he'd stop breathing so I stayed awake and watched him). Puked my brains out the next morning. Parents never found out, and to this day, the smell of vodka makes me want to gag. Captain and Coke for me please!
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started drinking regularly at 13 (the drinking age is 16 here). I don't regret it even though I made a lot of stupid drunken mistakes because I was so young and couldn't hande it. I learnt a lot and now, at 19 drinking/drugs is old news and I can concentrate on more important stuff. I'll still have a night out every once and a while but mostly my weekends are spent doing fun things, completely sober. I think I just love being active too much to suffer through a hangover. Plus it completely messes up my calories and training.
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not my first ever time, but my first notable experience...

I had the customary few drinks after work on Christmas Eve with my then workmates when I was 16. I threw up over my boss' arm, I then decided to do some Christmas shopping and got thrown out of WHSmiths for being sick over some books, I then got the train home and was sick all over the train, then on the pavement at various points all the way home, finally on every step of the stairs whilst crawling up to bed; I then slept from about 6pm until roughly mid day the following day (Christmas Day). My mum still reminds me of this every Christmas and I am 40 in a couple of weeks! I'd had about 6 ciders and some vodka in about 45 minutes and I had never had more than a pint in one go before then.

NOT my finest few hours.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I don't remember…haha
    I'm thinking 15 at a summer party of the group I figure skated with. A friend and I split a 6 pack of beer. The next weekend I think we split a bottle of something someone bought, they weren't best pleased with us after that. :)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I started relatively late in life, as I was probably 16 or 17. Drank some of mom's pre-made margaritas from the freezer, before drinking warm Milwaukee's Best (2 or 3) and stolen, watered-down Johnny Walker (um... red? something cheapish). Tried so hard to act like an idiot, but didn't get all that drunk considering the quantity consumed. A sober friend drove us to McDonald's, I ran into kids I knew and did the whole "I'm sooooo drunk thing." Yeah, I wish I had a video of that to show to my kids, in order to show them what a dumbass looks like.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Growing up in Europe alcohol for young people was not a big deal. I had my first glass of wine ( a small one ) with the meal on the day of my first communion at age ten. I did not like it, but drank it , because I felt special. After that I was allowed a glass every Sunday with the main meal, but most of the time declined.I never had a dramatic drinking experience, but I did get tipsy a few times in my life.....:o).
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I managed to not drink until the day before my first wedding, 19 years old. I had half a bottle of wine while I was making little packets of birdseed to throw like rice. I didn't realize anything was different until I tried to stand up, then felt dizzy. I'd spent most of my teenage years vehemently preaching against alcohol, but the day before my wedding I decided I was old enough to try it.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Mine was hanging out with my sister doing shots of fireball. Got way too drunk. My mom had to come get me. Mind you I'm from a very Mormon family. So I told her I had the flu. Stopped at the gas station on the way home, she asked me if I wanted anything. I said no. Stayed in the car, but then decided, yes I want a freaking gatorade. Got out of the car, face planted on the curb. Somehow made it in the door, just in time to throw up all over the flowers they keep at the front of the gas station. My mom still had no clue. We had missionaries over for dinner that night, totally giggling as I hear her explain "Melanie has a terrible stomach bug" I think I was 14. Naughty girls!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Alone: I bugged random people.
    With someone: Too hot to mention.
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I was about 7. I took one of my dads beer cans from fridge....went in garden shed and drank it. Not long after my mum smelt it on me....got a big spanking for that
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    id have wine with my meals from about 12 when spending my summers in france... its normal there the drinking age is low...