water :(

Options
2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I drink a pot of coffee every day, which is the equivalent of 7.5 glasses of water. On days I exercise, I drink a bottle of Gatorade and sometimes another battle of water, so there's another five glasses. And I usually drink things in addition to that.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    You only need to drink enough every day to make your urine light yellow. The old adage about 8 cups isn't really true.
    Just make it a habit to look at your urine when you pee. If it's dark, you need to drink more. If it's clear and light yellow, you're adequately hydrated.
    Exactly this
  • jen_2286
    jen_2286 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I found 2 things that help me (I also hate the belly full of water feeling): I make sure my water is really, really cold and I drink sparkling water instead of tap water. There's no way I could drink 2L of tap water a day without feeling queasy but for some reason I can drink 2L of very cold sparkling water during the day, no problem.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    I've found that I can drink more water throughout the day if it's the flavored carbonated kind.

That's not water, that's soda. Another way to say that is "I've found I can drink more water throughout the day if its the fermented alcoholic kind."
    Um, no, sparkling water or club soda with a slice of lemon or a few drops of the Mio-type flavoring is "flavored, carbonated" water.

• JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I find I drink water more easily (and mindlessly) if I use a bottle with a straw. I also drink a couple of giant cups of tea every day and certainly count those towards my water intake.
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Yeah, green tea helps me with water in the morning, and then frankly I just got into a mode of water being pretty much the only thing I drink when it comes to non-alcoholic drinks. Now my body craves it and I regularly drink it throughout the day.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    take little occasional sips. Chugging it feels gross.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Try the MIO or other liquid flavor enhancer drops. They don't add calories and come in a bunch of flavors. There's even a good sweet tea flavor if you like that sort of thing.