Detox

Options
I started a full body detox yesterday. Its a process where you eat fruits and veggies for 3 weeks include taking these pills that flushes out your insides. A friend of mine did it and lost alot of weight. I am doing it to cleanse myself but I am not gonna lie and say its not for the weight loss also.

Has anyone tried something like this before?

Today I am 210.5, so lets see how it turns out

Replies

• CamCam
    CamCam Posts: 43
    Options
    I started a full body detox yesterday. Its a process where you eat fruits and veggies for 3 weeks include taking these pills that flushes out your insides. A friend of mine did it and lost alot of weight. I am doing it to cleanse myself but I am not gonna lie and say its not for the weight loss also.

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :cry: :sad: :grumble: BE CAREFUL:grumble: :sad: :cry:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking with your doctor. For the most part Detoxing is unsafe and unhealthy and from what I've seen, yeah people will lose a bunch of weigh, but it is not fat they are losing, and for the most part quickly put back most of what they lost from the detox.
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Let me/us how it goes. I need to do something like a cleanse as well. I have fallen off the dieting wagon since Friday and can't seem to get back on track :sad: The family has been sick and just no
    time or energy to log my food intake. Not only that, I've been eating very bad as well!! :sad: Whooo the stress factor has def gotta hold off me! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • JAMINJESS
    Options
    BE VERY CAREFUL BECAUSE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE ON FRUITS AND VEGGIES YOUR BODY
    ARE GOING TO BE LACKING NUTRIENTS ESPECIALLY VITAMIN B.. LOL
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did this, and it didn't turn out well for her. She ended up getting sick and then just bingeing in the end.
  • CamCam
    Options
    www.dherbs.com. it explains how it works. I am really doing it for the cleansing cause Im not gonna stop eating meat or rice for anything.

and thanks for the concerns. good lookin out!
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    Not to hi-jack this thread but I am curious to know if anyone has tried Colonics and what their comments were on the process.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    In recent years the number of diet developers and holistic healers hawking products to purge your body of harmful chemicals and foreign substances has exploded. But do your liver and lymph nodes really need cleaning? Some detox regimen -- like herbal supplements, spa treatments, and special diets that are designed to mop up pollutants, dietary waste, and even unwanted pounds --can actually do you some good. But how to know whether you should be trying any of them?

Health checked with traditional and alternative medicine experts to find out which regimens might be worthwhile -- and which ones just aren't.

Leave lymphs alone

Many spas offer massages designed to detox lymph nodes, glands under the arms and other places. The goal: to relieve blockages that supposedly weaken the immune system. But doctors say it's impossible to perform lymphatic drainage on a healthy person, because there's nothing to drain.

Be careful with your colon

It's the mother of all detox regimens: A tube inserted into the rectum flushes out the contents of the colon with warm or cool water. The stories of what emerges during a colonic (10 pounds of poop! Black liquid! Years of constipation!) are always dramatic -- but not necessarily truthful. What we do know: Colonics can lead to infection if nonsterile equipment is used, your colon or anal area is injured, or the billions of "good" bacteria that keep your immune system strong are washed away. And at $100 a session, you may want to consider a $3.59 box of All-Bran first.

A high-fiber diet (20 to 35 grams, according to the American Dietetic Association) will get you regular without resorting to anything radical.

"There's really no reason to speed up the emptying of the bowels," Moore says. Why not let nature do its thing.

"
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    Thanks. You may want to edit out the dupliate paragraphs... makes for an easier read. :bigsmile:
  • fayevest
    fayevest Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    detoxing can get a lot of cristism, but I think if you don't do it all the time, it can be a very good thing for you to do every once in a while. Good luck!! Eating just fruits and veggies is going to be really hard! Let us know how it goes.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with fruits and veggies. They are full of vitamins and minerals, some have a lot of fiber, and they're tasty!
    But your body does SUCH a wonderful job of keeping itsself clean, you really don't need to do all that! And if you do indeed have some imbalance, like ulcers or atherosclerosis, unfortunately a "detox" won't do anything to help it. You have an excellent filtration system in your liver and kidneys. You pass waste in your urine and feces. Did you know that, in 20 years, everything in your body except brain and nerve cells has been entirely replaced? See how wonderful your body is? There is no reason to punish it with an unbalanced diet because you're unhappy with it. Just steer clear of junk food and drink a lot of water. Any weight lost during extreme caloric-deprivation is due to having very little food weight in the body and a great loss of water weight.
    You will always have some waste in your body, even if you're just drinking juice and eating veggies. But it's always on its way out! There's no need to rush things, and there's no actual benefit to 'detox.'
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I did a 3 day energy fast a few years back and ended up with horrible cramps as it messes up your excretory system. I was not energized and I never want anyone else to experience those cramps.

A quick fix never works. Do some research. I heard Dr. Oz say there is no need for anyone to ever do one of these. Our bodies know how to cleanse themselves.

Happy Wednesday night,

Connie Lynn
  • Erica92627
    Options
    www.dherbs.com. it explains how it works. I am really doing it for the cleansing cause Im not gonna stop eating meat or rice for anything.

and thanks for the concerns. good lookin out!

Without offending you in anyway.. I'm only asking this because i have asian friends who eat nothing but meat and rice and said that same thing about wanting to cleanse too but will not give up meat and rice. are you asian? :smile:
  • CamCam
    Options
    no honey. im from the islands and love meat. especially jerk pork. no betta meat in the world
  • bigchipjumps
    Options
    Hey I know this is going to sound like an advertisement but I am doing a cleanse right now . I am on day 10 and so far everything they advertised on the website was absolutely true, so far all I had to cut out of my diet is refined sugar ( bad for you anyway ) red meat, and alcohol, although for my own reasons I also did away with caffine. but I really don't crave any of this stuff anymore anyway good luck to you.

just google colonix or Dr. Natura if your interested
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 day cleanse/detox just to try and get my digestive system back to normal. It really helped. It was an all natural cleanse and you could only eat things that were organic and "from the earth". Nothing refined or man made/enhanced and no dairy!
    I felt like crap for the first week but after that I noticed that I was digesting food better, energy level went up, skin cleared up and my hair was better. The practioner said that it would be a result of eating better foods and the vitamins/herbs were there to aid. I also had to take fiber supplements as well.
    I did not lose weight and that wasn't my intention (think I might have some minor stomach issues and thought this would help). I found this to be a wonderful process for me and plan to repeat it every 6 months. Just watch out because it is very pricy to do it as you must buy the supplements first and then eat an organic diet. Oh ya, and drink tonnes and tonnes of water - about 12 glasses a day. It also cleans out your system.
    Depending on what you are doing the detox/cleanse for, do the research on it first. There are some weight loss ones, digestive ones, skin clearing etc. Just make sure you get the facts first. Also, they should come with some sort of eating plan so you get the best out of the program.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A GIRLIE THING......

If you have problems with yeast infections, you can do a detox/cleanse for that too. A lot of women that I have talked to that have changed their eating habits, exercising are experiencing issues "down there" and this is also an all natural thing.

NON GIRLIE THING.......
    Make sure you tell your doc. If you are taking any type of medication and do a detox/cleanse, it will reduce the effectiveness of contraceptives and penicillan. Some other drugs too. Also, doctors don't recommend you do it if you are taking anti-depressents.