Pregnant fit mamas?

Options
I am 17 weeks pregnant with baby #6. In the beginning, morning sickness was kicking my butt and I ate whatever I craved at the minute, unfortunately it was all junk food. This past week I started eating healthy and working out again. I feel so much better no traces left of morning sickness at all. I have never worked out with my previous pregnancies so this is all new to me. Before I gotpregnant I was very active and was running,lifting weights, using kettle bells, I just finished insanity this spring. When I found out I was pregnant, I felt horrible so I did nothing for exercise. This week I have been walking on the treadmill at an incline or walking up and down the stairs. I walk or do the stairs for about five minutes and then I do some type of weight exercise, for example tricep dips or kettle bell moves. Are there any other pregnant mama still plan on eating very healthy and staying fit? I would love to share stories and motivation with you.

Replies

• msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would like to start a facebook group to share stories and motivation with other mamas if anyone is interested.
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    tanyaheartsfrogs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 20 weeks with baby #1. I have not been consistently working out but I'm changing that this week. I am doing the stairmaster and then strength training. I want to find a balance between watching what I am eating and not restricting myself. BTW every time I workout by husband gets worried that I'm going to hurt the baby.
  • msstatz
    Options
    My husband is the same way. Do you log food and exercise? What guidelines are you following while working out? I'm basically just making sure I don't get too tired or out of breath. Are you keeping your heart rate under 140? I have recently read that the 140 guideline is no longer followed.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My third is 6 months old now but I worked out until I was 38 weeks pregnant with her...gym, spinning, aerobics etc. I stopped spinning around 25 weeks as I felt uncomfortable bending over as I had quite a big bump, but fitness wise I was fine with it. I didn't keep my heart rate under a certain amount, I just did what I felt able to do. I did stop abs exercises though, and I was extra careful using weights.

I worked out in my first pregnancy too, but got a bit lazy in my 2nd. My eldest two are 5 and 3.

I lost 66lbs after my 2nd, and despite exercise and eating healthily I gained quite a lot of that back. I'm still nearly 40ls above pre-preg weight, but measurement wise I'm not, if that makes sense. I think if I get back to my original weight I'll be smaller.

I've been back at the gym since after my 6 week check.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Pregnant and 25 weeks :) I had really bad morning sickness as well, and ended up losing 8lbs the first trimester. I am now up 5lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I hit the gym mon-fri for about an hour, half cardio, half weights / body strength stuff. I also log during the week to make sure I am not over-eating, then I cut myself some slack on the weekends to take care of the cravings.

5eyvhmp1byzt.jpg
    w8px68fxcr47.jpg
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    BTW this puts me currently at 155lbs and I am 5'7
  • foxgl0ve
    foxgl0ve Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 17 weeks pregnant, and would love some MFP friends who are also pregnant for encouragement and support. Please add me, and I'll cheer you on for your workouts, and every time you eat fruit instead of peanut butter cups!
  • msstatz
    Options
    ahawkx wrote: »
    BTW this puts me currently at 155lbs and I am 5'7

You look great! Keep up the hard work!

Foxgl0ve-when is your due dat? Mine is april 14.
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    Options
    Today is my first day back on MFP so I have not been logging what I eat. As for the workouts I'm trying to walk up the stairmaster while comfortably holding a conversation. I think my goal for the next few months is to maintain "healthy thoughts" so it's easier to get rid of this weight when my baby is here. What are your fitness plans for after the baby?
  • msstatz
    Options
    Today is my first day back on MFP so I have not been logging what I eat. As for the workouts I'm trying to walk up the stairmaster while comfortably holding a conversation. I think my goal for the next few months is to maintain "healthy thoughts" so it's easier to get rid of this weight when my baby is here. What are your fitness plans for after the baby?

After the baby, I will start walking immediately. I will start insanity or the new insanity 6 weeks postpartum. How about you?
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    Options
    I signed up for a 5K 5 weeks after my scheduled due date so I gotta get to walking and then very light jogging. I also plan on doing insanity after the 5K. Best of luck!!
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did NOT stay active, in fact I had a rough pregnancy and was on bed rest almost the entire time (and gained 60 lbs, not including baby, to show!!!). But I wanted to come to be a cheerleader cause that is awesome of you ladies! Pregnancy is so miserable for some people and to be trudging through to stay healthy is AWESOME!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    I wish I had stayed active! I lost 30 lbs and then as soon as I got pregnant I was so sick I was in bed all day and never gained motivation. by the time I had motivation I was on bed rest due to High BP and pre-e ughh. It will be different next time! Good luck ladies!
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I hope to keep it up for as long as it is safe for my little munchkin!
  • melaneyc1988
    melaneyc1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anybody due in March?
  • msstatz
    Options
    Anybody due in March?

I'm due the middle of April so we are pretty close.
  • sanaafarukh
    sanaafarukh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi i am 16 weeks pregnant witg my first baby working out and watchng my calories doing turbofire and lifting weights ;) kl