Guys in Speedos: The Contoversy Revisited

Options
We know the old conversation. Girls and women always say they don't like speedos on guys.
However, as was was musing over the now past summer of 2014, I took note of something.
At the swimming pools I went to, I observed that every time there was a guy wearing a speedo (assuming he had a decent physique--not a tubbo), the teenage girls at the pool were without exception gathered at that end of the pool. If he was practicing his dives, the girlies would be doing their foot spashing and chatting at the diving end of the pool.
Am I imagining things? I think not. I am a reasonable objective person.
So, what is it girls and ladies?
And you guys, what is your commentary on this subject?

Replies

• red_90
    red_90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For fun swimming / beach - I go with board shorts.

When in France I wasn't allows in the pool with board shorts, so had to buy some tight swimming shorts. I hate the look of these, but they're great for swimming in so I wear these when I do proper lane swimming in the evening.

I've made the mistake of swimming behind old people in speedos doing breaststroke (think about the legs!) - no amount of chlorine cleans that image from your mind. I don't want to be that person so I steer clear of budgie smugglers.

I've noticed an increase in people wearing long tight shorts for lane swimming, so I've just today started to look for some of these. I've just learnt they're called "jammers".

To be fair though, I'm a tubbo, so haven't had to worry about unwanted female attention.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YUM!!, I love my speedo men.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Wut?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What is OP talking about?
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you got the body and aren't afraid to show it go ahead. I think the same can be said for women in bikini's.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have never sees any guys at the pool in speedos or tight shorts that have a decent physique. It's always the older fellas who have let themselves go.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've got to say I love women in bikinis, so I guess all's fair. Although I don't own a pair. Think it's a cultural thing. Euro and all!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Its probably not the speedos.
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    I guess if your young and hot and got the bod for it, ok. If your old and overweight like me, it should be illegal.
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness, I am probably going to regret posting this, and I hope I don't out anybody off, but...

I love men in speedos the same way I love men in tighty-whities or fitted boxer-briefs, because I like to see a man's bulge, regardless of how objectively "fit" he is.
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh, Lordie, I stopped the conversation cold with that last remark!
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    ZIllie77, this is the NSA. Our spy satellite just exploded.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're packing I guess, above and below the waist. I don't particularly like speedos myself, I wouldn't wear them even if I was cut to the max. A nice pair of board shorts can show of enough and live a little to the imagination. Anyway, I have too much booty and those things would ride up like no ones business. I think they work better on guys without a lot of junk in the trunk. But hey, I'm not a female. I think it probably all depends on the guy.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I think speedos should be banned regardless of how great the body is. They are just nasty. Give a man a nice pair of board shorts and he's good to go!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    zillie77 wrote: »
    Oh, Lordie, I stopped the conversation cold with that last remark!

You go, girl! Love the honesty! :)
  • brucewayne48910
    brucewayne48910 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The vast majority of the male population in the US should NOT be allowed to wear them.
  • MadameMaverick
    MadameMaverick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Within reason I don't care what you are wearing. You could be naked and it wouldn't phase me. Things that are unsanitary is a different story, do not wear lady gaga's meat dress for example!
  • Dadof3bbg
    Options
    There is no debate
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    when I was a teen, I liked the speedos so I could look at their packages. now that I'm 46, I'd rather the dudes had on trunks lol. I've got a husband, I'm not looking, I don't give a damn any more what other dudes have. though sometimes it is kind of funny....