How to lose an inch in my butt/hips?

Options
sendcassie
sendcassie Posts: 15 Member
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Before people lecture me about how big butts are hot or how you think I "shouldn't be losing any more" or how I "don't have any more to lose", hear me out, I have a unique situation. I am a fashion model and my agency wants me to lose one last inch in my hips/butt. I can't gain muscle, you know how it is, fashion models have to look twiggy and frail. I'm looking for ways to lose the last inch on my butt that won't perk it up too much to make me gain any inches. I'm afraid that if I do squats it will make my butt more perky and add inches, or if I run it will make me look too toned. I'm not looking for lectures about my BMI or if you think its healthy or not. I tend to hold my weight in my lower half and even the lower half of my butt so its not the most flattering. Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you but heavy lifting shrunk my hips and butt a lot 66a90hpuer8i.jpg
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't know why anyone would lecture you.... if you don't want to *exercise* for fear of "looking too toned" then calorie deficit is where it's at. eat less.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike, run on the treadmill, wear workout clothes that increase sweat around those areas
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The way to lose inches in your hips is to lose fat everywhere.
    Spot exercises won't do it.
    But walking is a good way to burn fat, pretty easy, and has the added benefit of strengthening & sculpting your leg/butt/hip muscles.
    If you want to be efficient about it, use the hill setting on the treadmill. Burns lots more calories than flat walking.
    Fat is fluffy, muscle is compact, so even replacing 1 lb of fat with 1 lb of muscle will cause you to get smaller.

51637601.png
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    plastic surgery. I'm sorry but if you're too paranoid to work out and you're already super thin I wouldn't suggest eating less, therefore liposuction. Otherwise accept your body as it is OR do some squats or butt specific exercises to tone that area. Personally I think you'd have to do a lot of exercise to get an overly toned *kitten* that modeling wouldn't appreciate.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would lecture you.... if you don't want to *exercise* for fear of "looking too toned" then calorie deficit is where it's at. eat less.

I think the OP just wants to lose off her hips and butt...eating less doesn't mean she'd lose that first...that's the problem...

Right, my point is losing weight in general is what will do it. And without exercise there's only one way to do it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Yup, and if she wants to stay in the game, she can't just go to a different agency.

OP - go on a cut.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just weight loss cal cuttung really. If the hips are the last to go sad but other parts of you will slim down too. Its just an inch though, so might not be noticeable elsewhere...maybe hold the measurung tape a little higher on your next measure...lol.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    First post?
    3 yr old dead thread?
    great wall of text?
    Why?

Not to mention.. full of woo.

• ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, ok I am quite cognizant that this is a far outdated thread. However, not so much for the poster's benefit although if she's still in the modeling industry &/or dealing with the equivalent scenario then, by all means, I would love for her to hopefully still potentially benefit by the info I'm about to post. As a disclaimer: I am by NO means claiming any caliber of physical trainer &/or medical degree. In fact, if I did I would inevitably be an utter anomaly @ the least & controversial! However, specifically on this subject I feel compelled to set the record straight for any young women/gentleman who's searching for a response in a similar scenario as the poster! I too am/have been a member of the high fashion modeling industry myself with an underlying mesomorph build, while anyone would assume ectomorph, I know due to my body prior to entering the industry that that is my underlying body type. It sounds as though that is probably the poster's scenario as well, which knowledge of is paramount esp in the industry, in dictating how you can effectively exercise in order to not build muscle A.K.A. more inches which for a mesomorph body is extremely easy to do with minimal effort. Therefore, by all means, NO WEIGHT LIFTING!! This applies to any body type in fact in this scenario! Your mission is to ensure that any activity is maintaining your heart rate exclusively in the fat burning zone, roughly 60% of your ideal heart rate, & NOTHING above, i.e., HIIT, etc. The ideal exercise, in this case, is power walking at a pace of roughly 7km/hour which equates to roughly 4.3mph. If you're walking outside do your utmost to locate as flat of an area as possible as any incline (hilly terrain) will solely attribute to that thigh/glute muscle gain potentially or at the least not promote your goals to the degree flat terrain would. The same applies if using a treadmill; do not employ ANY INCLINE!!! In addition to this, you can maximize this aerobic walking regimen by walking 1st thing in the morning in a fasted state, when it's been roughly 10 hours since you last consumed anything. In this state, your body will utilize your fat stores as energy in lieu of any glycogen from any carbohydrate consumption due to this fasted state. This exemplifies the significance of maintaining your heart rate within that fat burning zone exclusively (which, if you're power walking mind you, you'll inevitably be in without having to think about it whatsoever). This is where people are wrong & promote dangerous advice (dangerous in this case in the sense of obtaining the total opposite outcome to what you're striving for & in the case of modeling extremely dangerous to your potential career!) They equate higher calorie burn with greater weight loss, which is not our mission whatsoever in this case, as higher caloric burn, ALWAYS obtained via higher intensity exercises ABOVE the fat burning zone WILL NOT ONLY SERVE TO NOT PROMOTE GREATER WEIGHT LOSS. The factual nature of that statement applies to increased weight loss as a byproduct of the increased muscle gain (that is contingent on your diet's protein intake sufficing to generate that muscle as that of a model's even in the least strict sense rarely does).

Congratulations. You've hit just about every box on the checklist of woo.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, ok I am quite cognizant that this is a far outdated thread. However, not so much for the poster's benefit although if she's still in the modeling industry &/or dealing with the equivalent scenario then, by all means, I would love for her to hopefully still potentially benefit by the info I'm about to post. As a disclaimer: I am by NO means claiming any caliber of physical trainer &/or medical degree. In fact, if I did I would inevitably be an utter anomaly @ the least & controversial! However, specifically on this subject I feel compelled to set the record straight for any young women/gentleman who's searching for a response in a similar scenario as the poster! I too am/have been a member of the high fashion modeling industry myself with an underlying mesomorph build, while anyone would assume ectomorph, I know due to my body prior to entering the industry that that is my underlying body type. It sounds as though that is probably the poster's scenario as well, which knowledge of is paramount esp in the industry, in dictating how you can effectively exercise in order to not build muscle A.K.A. more inches which for a mesomorph body is extremely easy to do with minimal effort. Therefore, by all means, NO WEIGHT LIFTING!! This applies to any body type in fact in this scenario! Your mission is to ensure that any activity is maintaining your heart rate exclusively in the fat burning zone, roughly 60% of your ideal heart rate, & NOTHING above, i.e., HIIT, etc. The ideal exercise, in this case, is power walking at a pace of roughly 7km/hour which equates to roughly 4.3mph. If you're walking outside do your utmost to locate as flat of an area as possible as any incline (hilly terrain) will solely attribute to that thigh/glute muscle gain potentially or at the least not promote your goals to the degree flat terrain would. The same applies if using a treadmill; do not employ ANY INCLINE!!! In addition to this, you can maximize this aerobic walking regimen by walking 1st thing in the morning in a fasted state, when it's been roughly 10 hours since you last consumed anything. In this state, your body will utilize your fat stores as energy in lieu of any glycogen from any carbohydrate consumption due to this fasted state. This exemplifies the significance of maintaining your heart rate within that fat burning zone exclusively (which, if you're power walking mind you, you'll inevitably be in without having to think about it whatsoever). This is where people are wrong & promote dangerous advice (dangerous in this case in the sense of obtaining the total opposite outcome to what you're striving for & in the case of modeling extremely dangerous to your potential career!) They equate higher calorie burn with greater weight loss, which is not our mission whatsoever in this case, as higher caloric burn, ALWAYS obtained via higher intensity exercises ABOVE the fat burning zone WILL NOT ONLY SERVE TO NOT PROMOTE GREATER WEIGHT LOSS. The factual nature of that statement applies to increased weight loss as a byproduct of the increased muscle gain (that is contingent on your diet's protein intake sufficing to generate that muscle as that of a model's even in the least strict sense rarely does).

Tl;dr to the extreme but the stuff I skimmed was hilarious, cheers