Finding boyfriend/girlfriend material on Tinder?

jazzy_45
jazzy_45 Posts: 101 Member
Hi everyone I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about tinder. Do you think there are people who are boyfriend/girlfriend material and looking for a relationship? Or would you say there are mainly people who are just looking to hookup and not a relationship? How do you find relationship material on Tinder, and is such a thing even possible?

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    The only people I know that use tinder use it for hook ups. The only other thing Ive heard about tinder is what I see on the news, which was 1 girl raped and anther one murdered, both by people they alledgedly met through the app. I have no personal experience with it however just what friends say and whats on the news, but I wouldnt go near it if I was looking for a life partner, but I'm old fashioned.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    I have never used it. I hear it's just a hook up thing. Having said that, you never know, you may find a relationship out of it. Stranger things have happened.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    -actively looking for the craigslist thread now-
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    I've tried www.pof.com, www.okcupid.com, and www.eharmony.com. So far I haven't met anyone from any of the three that has seriously peaked my interest.

I do know a lot of guys (basically every single one minus one) that has said www.pof.com or www.okcupid.com has been nothing but a *kitten* magnet (excuse my language). I tried pof.com and talked to two lovely ladies but when the night was over I didn't want to speak with them anymore as it felt wrong. I'm what I consider a nice guy with nerd/self-image issues and I felt guilty praying on women when it came to dating sites.

Anyways, Eharmoney has been a little better as I feel the women on there are of higher caliber since you have to pay for it. I'm sorry but a woman who's main title says "stay at home mom looking for a sugar daddy" is just sick to me. I want someone with more substance than that.

Anyways, I wouldn't recommend anything on the Internet to find the right person. There are so many avenues to meet someone now and days that I think any of them can be reasonable but the biggest thing is to stay safe, meet in a public area, and don't settle.

It drives me nuts the amount of women that settle for some *kitten* because they don't want to be alone. I dunno I'm definitely old fashioned my father taught me to teach a woman with respect and I've never been one who counted their self worth by how many women they slept with.

I've never used tinder and am not sure if I'd want to. I hope maybe this was helpful in anyway.
  • jazzy_45
    jazzy_45 Posts: 101 Member
    Zeroaccess wrote: »
    I've tried www.pof.com, www.okcupid.com, and www.eharmony.com. So far I haven't met anyone from any of the three that has seriously peaked my interest.

I do know a lot of guys (basically every single one minus one) that has said www.pof.com or www.okcupid.com has been nothing but a *kitten* magnet (excuse my language). I tried pof.com and talked to two lovely ladies but when the night was over I didn't want to speak with them anymore as it felt wrong. I'm what I consider a nice guy with nerd/self-image issues and I felt guilty praying on women when it came to dating sites.

Anyways, Eharmoney has been a little better as I feel the women on there are of higher caliber since you have to pay for it. I'm sorry but a woman who's main title says "stay at home mom looking for a sugar daddy" is just sick to me. I want someone with more substance than that.

Anyways, I wouldn't recommend anything on the Internet to find the right person. There are so many avenues to meet someone now and days that I think any of them can be reasonable but the biggest thing is to stay safe, meet in a public area, and don't settle.

It drives me nuts the amount of women that settle for some *kitten* because they don't want to be alone. I dunno I'm definitely old fashioned my father taught me to teach a woman with respect and I've never been one who counted their self worth by how many women they slept with.

I've never used tinder and am not sure if I'd want to. I hope maybe this was helpful in anyway.

Yeah I haven't really met anyone IRL. I live in the boring suburbs where everyone is older and married with kids. :/ And yeah I don't want to be alone (aka I'm SUPER lonely right now), but I don't think I would settle for a jerk.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    This place should have a dating area. I've been single for almost 12 years now, there may be something wrong with me that I'm not seeing. Maybe I give off serial killer vibes. POF and OKCupid just don't work all that well unless you have a super confident sounding profile.
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    I haven't used tinder (...yet). However, I'd like to think there are genuine people looking for more than just a hook-up on it and I might go down that path eventually. I'm just starting to date again and think you just have to be smart and trust your instincts with people. Of the 3 dates I've been on (just guys I've met out) 2 have only been interested in sex, so its not just the people dating online who are a waste of time if your looking for a relationship. We just need to sort out the nice ones from the others.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Well if anyone is from the North East of England and female, I try to be nice (emphasis on 'try'), I'm not after a 'hook up' and I'm definitely, totally not a serial killer. I can't stress that last part enough. I don't have a list of victims I want to add you to, I promise.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Zeroaccess wrote: »

You'd only be preying on women on dating sites if you were planning on leading them on as to your intentions (e.g. saying you want a relationship when really you just want a quick lay).

The internet is a fine place to meet people. Obviously there are scummy people online, but there are in real life too. I wouldn't recommend tinder though if you are looking for a long term relationship just like I wouldn't recommend looking on the travel lodge website if you want to book a hotel room in the Ritz - the aims of the website are for people with more casual intentions.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    mfp2014mfp wrote: »
    The only people I know that use tinder use it for hook ups. The only other thing Ive heard about tinder is what I see on the news, which was 1 girl raped and anther one murdered, both by people they alledgedly met through the app. I have no personal experience with it however just what friends say and whats on the news, but I wouldnt go near it if I was looking for a life partner, but I'm old fashioned.

Tinder seems dangerous, and so does Craigslist. Remember that couple who lured that person to get murdered with their ad?

Oh, and I met my honey on a social media site, NOT a dating site. *cheers*
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Well if anyone is from the North East of England and female, I try to be nice (emphasis on 'try'), I'm not after a 'hook up' and I'm definitely, totally not a serial killer. I can't stress that last part enough. I don't have a list of victims I want to add you to, I promise.
    Okay, so if they finished their transition into female, that counts too, right? lol.

Okay, okay, I had to :pensive:
    Best of luck :)