What is your muscle building breakfast?

Options

Replies

• mcraburn123
    mcraburn123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    Dude, you only get fat if you eat too much of a surplus. If you're consistently falling short, I see no reason not to have SOME whole milk.

some but not a gallon a day that's way way way over my surplus I still gotta eat
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Dude, you only get fat if you eat too much of a surplus. If you're consistently falling short, I see no reason not to have SOME whole milk.

some but not a gallon a day that's way way way over my surplus I still gotta eat

I agree
  • mcraburn123
    Options

I agree

but ur still right, I should drink sum up. high quality protein thts good for mass.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I've been in search for some "power" breakfast meals for a while. Sometimes I just end up eating some nuts, cheese (or yogurt), and bread. Or other times it'll be waffles with fruit and nuts. I have a more sensitive digestive system. I can't eat eggs that often, nor can I drink much milk (although as mentioned I do eat cheese and yogurt). Sometimes I do also eat meat with bread or fruit at breakfast. In terms of drinking my calories, I already eat a decent amount of fruit (so I don't really need juice), and as mentioned milk (and probably whey) is out of the picture.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    42 grams of protein: Omelette made with 1 cup liquid egg whites, 2 slices reduced fat cheddar, and 1 cup swiss card, spinach, or kale. I vary the spices & cheese for variety. I'll put different sauces on top (hot sauces, etc.) so I don't get tired of it. It's filling and satisfying, & digests easily, so you don't have to choke down you next snack/meal. (I always eat at least every 2 hrs.) Since you're probably much larger than I am, you could add a few real eggs or meat to it, as well.
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    eating4me wrote: »
    42 grams of protein: Omelette made with 1 cup liquid egg whites, 2 slices reduced fat cheddar, and 1 cup swiss card, spinach, or kale. I vary the spices & cheese for variety. I'll put different sauces on top (hot sauces, etc.) so I don't get tired of it. It's filling and satisfying, & digests easily, so you don't have to choke down you next snack/meal. (I always eat at least every 2 hrs.) Since you're probably much larger than I am, you could add a few real eggs or meat to it, as well.

i like that recipe. its a lot of protein probly low in cal too so I could eat more. Thanks for the advice. Keep up the good work
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    I've been in search for some "power" breakfast meals for a while. Sometimes I just end up eating some nuts, cheese (or yogurt), and bread. Or other times it'll be waffles with fruit and nuts. I have a more sensitive digestive system. I can't eat eggs that often, nor can I drink much milk (although as mentioned I do eat cheese and yogurt). Sometimes I do also eat meat with bread or fruit at breakfast. In terms of drinking my calories, I already eat a decent amount of fruit (so I don't really need juice), and as mentioned milk (and probably whey) is out of the picture.

yeah it sucks tht u can't eat many eggs, they are great for muscle building. I eat whole eggs or egg whites every morning.
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My two go-tos, depending on if I'm in the mood for sweet or savory:

Shake made up of plain Greek yogurt, peanut butter protein powder, peanut butter, milk, a banana, and chocolate chips (except I am in a deficit, so it's all low-fat/skim everything and half a banana, lol)

Tofu, egg whites, spinach, and grape tomatoes scrambled, seasoned with lemon juice, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    My two go-tos, depending on if I'm in the mood for sweet or savory:

Shake made up of plain Greek yogurt, peanut butter protein powder, peanut butter, milk, a banana, and chocolate chips (except I am in a deficit, so it's all low-fat/skim everything and half a banana, lol)

Tofu, egg whites, spinach, and grape tomatoes scrambled, seasoned with lemon juice, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper

sounds like sum foreal cals
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and egg whites
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    missdibs1 wrote: »
    Oatmeal and egg whites

thts what I ate this morning lol
  • calx77
    calx77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Full can of Mackerel in tomato sauce on a slice of buttered toast, warmed up under grill.
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    Full can of Mackerel in tomato sauce on a slice of buttered toast, warmed up under grill.

Sounds pretty good not much for protein though
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I make something for the entire week.

It's rolled oats, whey protein, pb2, almond milk, slivered almonds, and a tablespoon of chocolate Chips. You let it sit in the fridge overnight and the. Section it into 6 little tupperwares.

It tastes fantastic and is high in protein/flavor. Let me know if you want the specific recipe/cals/macros.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and pinto beans smothered in New Mexico green or red chile.
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

It's rolled oats, whey protein, pb2, almond milk, slivered almonds, and a tablespoon of chocolate Chips. You let it sit in the fridge overnight and the. Section it into 6 little tupperwares.

It tastes fantastic and is high in protein/flavor. Let me know if you want the specific recipe/cals/macros.

Now u got the best one so far if u can I would appreciate them macros
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Scrambled eggs and pinto beans smothered in New Mexico green or red chile.

Pinto beans r just too good. High protein fiber ratio and slow carbs too
  • rainbowbow
    Options

2 cups dry old fashioned rolled oats
    1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds (chop these roughly)
    6 tbs pb2 powdered peanut butter
    1 1/2 cups almond milk (or use regular if you want more protein)
    8 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use ON Gold Standard)
    2 tbs milk chocolate chips (chop these about the same size as almonds)

The key here when you're mixing is to add enough milk to where it's come together and slightly runny. That's okay! When you leave it overnight it will come together.

It ends up being like those no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies kind of. The almonds and chocolate chips give it texture.

Cals per 1/6th serving: 384. Fat: 9g. Carbs: 34.5g. Protein: 41g.
  • mcraburn123
    Options

The key here when you're mixing is to add enough milk to where it's come together and slightly runny. That's okay! When you leave it overnight it will come together.

It ends up being like those no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies kind of. The almonds and chocolate chips give it texture.

Straight. I got all those ingredients luckily. Thanks for ur recipe. U got the best one I've seen so far.
  • rainbowbow
    Options

Forgot to mention, I spread mine out on plastic wrap in a baking dish. That way in the morning I can divide it up into 6 even servings. When it's done I just lift the plastic wrap and the dish is clean.

Also, it may take more/less milk depending on the protein powder you use. More milk=more like oatmeal consistency Less milk= more like protein bars.

Also, this would go well with Greek yogurt if you'd like. Add plain 0% and it'd add 20g protein and 100 cals.

Good luck!