5 lbs in a week??!

Options

Replies

• Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was also exactly five lbs down the week after my TOM, and I had hardly lost anything the week before, so I chalked it up to the bloating/water retention that happens during TOM. :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Nice job!

Lol. Nice job gets flagged?

Maybe someone meant to Like it not Flag it? :'(

Abuse means you like a post now. 0.o

• Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ok so I should log the 138 that I weighed in at today? I am having a cheat day on Saturday as I will be at a convention with friends and want to splurge.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    ok so I should log the 138 that I weighed in at today? I am having a cheat day on Saturday as I will be at a convention with friends and want to splurge.

That's up to you...nobody can say whether or not you should log it or not. The issue is that nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs...it's an always fluctuating number. The solution to this issue is to either pick a day that is your official weigh in day and log that day regardless...or log every day. Either way, you need to be looking at the overall trend, not the weigh in to weigh in numbers.

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    We're you not trying to lose weight? I'm confused :)

I always log a loss, wether I think it's real or not! Congrats!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

That's up to you...nobody can say whether or not you should log it or not. The issue is that nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs...it's an always fluctuating number. The solution to this issue is to either pick a day that is your official weigh in day and log that day regardless...or log every day. Either way, you need to be looking at the overall trend, not the weigh in to weigh in numbers.

This
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as soon as I go to the bathroom and before I eat (naked).
    I log my weight everyday. From the chart report on MFP I can see the overall trend I am making based on this.
    This is what I do. I used to weigh every week - but when I got my new scale (old one was the kind mentioned above with the wheel to adjust and set at 0 etc... which was totally INACCURATE) I just couldn't help but weigh everyday! I like to see what happens to me daily based on foods I eat, things I have done etc... I go up and down daily. But overall - always heading down and that is what counts.
  • rgrady33
    rgrady33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This happened to me last week after a 3-week plateau. It was hard for me to believe, too, but this week says it's true!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I would weigh again the next day to see if it was just a fluke, if it were me. But that said, when I start a new diet, I typically lose five or so pound a the first week, then it slows way down. With me I have to assume it's water and perhaps less bulk of food, don't know if those are factors for you.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ok, I just weighed myself. Last week my home scale said 143. Today 138. Whats up with that? should I get a new scale? Doesn't seem right.

I lost four pounds last week and three this week. It definitely is possible. Sounds like your scale is right. Kudos!

8830689.png

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    fatnutjob wrote: »
    Could be a whoosh effect, water weight loss, or just a looot of fat/muscle loss.

It happens from time to time.
    This and maybe throw in a bit of water weight too. See if those 5 lbs are sticky or not. I'm always a bit conservative registering weight loss, so I don't get disappointed if it was just a fluctuation.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I am of the daily after a pee and before breakfast camp. I fluctuate daily and love looking at my wiggles graph. As said by others as long as it is on a downward trend the odd spike doesn't matter.
    I would log it, that will give you a baseline for TOM (if that is what it was) to work through in the future.
    Even logging an anomaly may give you insights into you're weight loss journey.
    Cheers, h
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Most of that is probably water weight. No need to worry. And no, that waterweight will not come back either.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Foamroller wrote: »
    fatnutjob wrote: »
    Could be a whoosh effect, water weight loss, or just a looot of fat/muscle loss.

It happens from time to time.
    This and maybe throw in a bit of water weight too. See if those 5 lbs are sticky or not. I'm always a bit conservative registering weight loss, so I don't get disappointed if it was just a fluctuation.

5 lbs are sticky? What are you talking about ?

Sounds like she means see if those 5 lb stay off or are just a fluctuation.

• Juliska3
    Options
    A healthy woman will not lose that much weight unless it is water. In our clinic we would go '...meh...weigh yourself again in a couple of days.' Or, if it was legitimate, 'we better take some blood tests and pee in this bottle.'

A half pound to a pound and a half is healthy . Not 4.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Nice poop!

That got flagged??? Damn. Pooping is the best way to make the scale be nice first thing in the morning.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am of the daily after a pee and before breakfast camp. I fluctuate daily and love looking at my wiggles graph. As said by others as long as it is on a downward trend the odd spike doesn't matter.
    I would log it, that will give you a baseline for TOM (if that is what it was) to work through in the future.
    Even logging an anomaly may give you insights into you're weight loss journey.
    Cheers, h

This is similar to how I do it as well.

Everyone logs differently. Some people weigh and log every day, some weigh every day but only log when the scale goes down, some weigh every day but only log when they scale has shown a lower number 3 days in a row, some don't weigh weekly. As you can see the possibilities are endless.

Log your weights whatever way works best for you.