Can't lift bum - help!

Options
I do legs and bum strength training twice a week (weighted squats, leg press etc) and I seem to have tightened and start t reshape my bum but it won't seem to lift up. I think it may be fat I need to lose but I'm worried I won't gain muscle while losing weight?

Replies

• harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Working on those glutes takes soooooooo much patience....and no you wont gain muscle on a calorie deficit, but you can maintain it with adequate macro counting, lifting, etc
  • krista_lei
    Options
    Okay soo, what if I were to try and just turn what I already have into muscle? Does that make sense? Or does it not work that way?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Hip thrusts
    Weighted hip thrusts
    Single leg squats

But....dont forget you have an upper body and just doing lower body stuff everyday won't increase the effects of the lower body exercises.

So basic training would look like this:

Workout A: Squats, Bench, Rows, Weighted hip thrust 3 sets of 10 each.
    Workout B: Dead lift, Overhead press, chin ups, Single leg squats 3 sets of 10 each.
    Add weight only if you can complete 3 sets at the given weight.

Alternate the Workouts.
    Mon A
    Wed B
    Fri A
    Mon B
    Wed A
    Fri B

So on and so forth

You can also google "The glute guy" and get a program. Well worth it!

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    krista_lei wrote: »
    Okay soo, what if I were to try and just turn what I already have into muscle? Does that make sense? Or does it not work that way?

well, currently what you have on your *kitten* is meat and fat. Meat is muscle, you can activate it, sure, and get it trained. Fat is fat though, and fat tissue can never be "converted" to muscle.

So, I'd lean towards, "It does not work that way."
  • jwolford90
    jwolford90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've tried all of those, and although all of them help, I find walking on a treadmill on a high incline is amazing. Anything inclined 7+ helps a lot.